• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do while on the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do while on the bench

I've done all those exiting things I couldn’t do while I was working away from home last year.
    like:-

Visit the dentist
    Take cat to vet
    Spring cleaning
    Return library books.
    Take old clothes to OXFAM (Might regret later)
    Bought new stings for old guitar.

Now I am getting bored.

Have I forgotten anything besides a brain check?

Pot Noodle.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Learn some Bach tunes on that guitar
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Learn some Bach tunes on that guitar
        Is Bach the guy who wrote "What shall we do with the drunken sailor" ?
        That was the only song the Germans asked me to play in the 70s

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
          Is Bach the guy who wrote "What shall we do with the drunken sailor" ?
          That was the only song the Germans asked me to play in the 70s

Good enough...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Is Herman the German's pub still going in Brussels? Might have been called the Fontainebleau or something. Used to play there for beer at weekends.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

You know you've been on the bench too long..

...when you find Judith Keppler, the millionairess contestant on Eggheads strangely attractive...

Comment

Watch "Deal or No Deal", "Jeremy Kyle" and maybe even a bit of the Roulette Television channel, then jump out the nearest window*.

*Just in case there's anyone really depressed, please only attempt this is you have a ground floor flat.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                  ...when you find Judith Keppler, the millionairess contestant on Eggheads strangely attractive...
                  Nothing wrong with that
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

either:

close the curtains from that awful spring sun and sign up for World of Warcraft

or

go for a drive into the countryside with Mrs BS and have a picnic one evening or something equally charming and outdoorsey
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X