• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have Willpower ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have Willpower ?

I used to have an iron will, a sort of SAS-like refusal to give in, on anything. If I said I was going to do something, it got done, If I was making a cup of tea, it would be the best cup of tea the world has ever seen. ever.
    Nowadays, I have slackened off a bit, possibly age , possibly the realisation that it can be a bit scary

Yes I do. If I say I will do something, it gets done.
    16.67%
    Pretty much, but sometimes you have to listen to others
    33.33%
    If I know I am right, I will fight my corner
    22.22%
    I once walked 100m of the pennine way, it rained
    11.11%
    I am a pushover, as soft as sh 1 te
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Can this not nbe multiple choice?

I listen to others, fight my corner AND I'm soft as sh*te - why can't I tick all 3?!!!!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Can this not nbe multiple choice?

I listen to others, fight my corner AND I'm soft as sh*te - why can't I tick all 3?!!!!!!

When he said listen to others, I think the opening poster meant change your mind after you start something.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Mrs BP often says that, when faced with a wasp's nest, rather than walk round it I will charge straight through.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Mrs BP often says that, when faced with a wasp's nest, rather than walk round it I will charge straight through.
          Stinging comments from the Mrs. When does willpower cross the line to stubborness and selfishness? My Mrs always complains that I apply 'brute force' to most problems as a first option.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Stinging comments from the Mrs. When does willpower cross the line to stubborness and selfishness? My Mrs always complains that I apply 'brute force' to most problems as a first option.
            When does it cross the line ?
            mm - let me give you a scenario, the pennine way. You set of with mrs OS, after three days the weather turns bad, she wants to jack it in, you want to plough on. Two more days, it gets worse, you both take slight injuries, you both get fed up, she takes the coach home . would you do the last week alone ?
            'I started this sucker, I will finish it.'

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              mm - let me give you a scenario, the pennine way. You set of with mrs OS, after three days the weather turns bad, she wants to jack it in, you want to plough on. Two more days, it gets worse, you both take slight injuries, you both get fed up, she takes the coach home . would you do the last week alone ?

I would probably ask myself just one question. Do I feel lucky, punk? If I went home with the Mrs what are my chances of scoring?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I would probably ask myself just one question. Do I feel lucky, punk? If I went home with the Mrs what are my chances of scoring?
                tick box two please. thank you

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

tick box two please. thank you

Done. You have enlightened me to the fact that I am indecisive and have insufficient willpower. Thanks.

Comment

That’s not will power - that’s sheer bloody mindedness!
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X