• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mentalist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentalist

A friend who works at the same client as me just told me about a hilarious Nigerian guy she works with. Among some of the many stories she had about him, the following really made me giggle for some reason:

Another kitchen incident. I walked in and he was putting a huge cabbage in the fridge. One of the big leafy ones. When he couldn’t fit it all in, he pulled some leaves off it and started to eat them. Of course they taste quite bitter and he pulled a face. This is our conversation:

HIM– Are you supposed to eat this?

ME– Yeah, but you should really cook that type of cabbage first I think?

HIM– So you shouldn’t eat it like this? (Takes another munch)

ME – You can eat raw cabbage but I think you should cook the type you have now.

HIM– Is it poisonous?

ME– I don’t think anyone has ever died from eating it.

Friend then walks out giggling and tell colleague that Daniel is eating a huge raw cabbage in the kitchen. Colleague goes in and tells him he should cook it.

Later on that day a clearly annoyed Daniel comes up to friend's desk and says ‘You need to cook cabbage. Not eat it raw you know’.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

You could really have some fun here..

You should buy him a turnip and tell him that he can definitely eat that raw.
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

There must be a guinea-pig angle here as well

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        There must be a guinea-pig angle here as well

Oh honey, there is ALWAYS a guinea pig angle
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Oh honey, there is ALWAYS a guinea pig angle
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X