• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

freecycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freecycle

Anyone using it ? Or is just somewhere crusties can swap their old pairs of underpants ?

got rid of a perfectly usable wardrobe via there, saving a trip to the skip and some student now gets to store more cr@p crusty clothes than before
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

A friend of mine uses it all the time, in both directions (i.e. offering stuff and taking stuff that's offered). Sounds like a really cool idea from what she's told me, and I've got stuff which isn't suitable for car boot or eBay (e.g. an old full-size table tennis table) which I'm planning to put on there when I get round to it.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        Anyone using it ? Or is just somewhere crusties can swap their old pairs of underpants ?
        Yeah, know loads of people that use it. Great for offloading tat without having to take it to the tip, and some good stuff occasionally appears on there.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I've used it to get rid of old computer stuff and bikes etc. I've collected stuff once, and old bunch of CD's IIRC.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
          X