• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear Milan! German gloom as output declines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear Milan! German gloom as output declines

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4319468.stm

German gloom as output declines

German economists had expected a smaller drop in output
    German industrial output fell 1.6% in August as surging oil prices brought economic gloom.
    The decline was bigger than analysts had expected and follows a 1.2% increase in July.

The news comes as Germany struggles to form a stable government after last month's inconclusive general elections, which gave no party a clear mandate.

The economy and labour ministry said that despite the latest fall, the trend in production was still upward.

The output figure includes production at German factories, utilities, mines and construction sites.

The German economy is forecast to grow around 1% this year, and the weak figure for Europe's biggest economy is acting as a drag on EU growth.

P.s. Milan can you explain the last sentence?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Franco,

two things,

a, go home and have a lie down

b, when you wake up, go and see the doctor

permiedom is affecting you !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      Franco,

two things,

a, go home and have a lie down

b, when you wake up, go and see the doctor

permiedom is affecting you !

Milan.
      Oh yes. Actually will do that. And perhaps take a week of home holiday just to relax. And you know what? I get paid too.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

yep you can spend the time counting your peanuts

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          yep you can spend the time counting your peanuts

Milan.
          5 quid an hour but at least safe in the bank.

Comment

I remember the good old days when you could call a German a Kraut with official blessing.

I think those times are coming back.

Comment

Working...
            X