• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New toys...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toys...

What is your latest and greatest gadget/toy/frivolous purchase?

Or are we all tightening our belts with the circling storm of economic doom?

Gleeful posts about how we're supporting the economy here please.

Personally, I just shelled out on a new 'cross bike, and some new SPD pedals and race shoes. Can't wait for the weekend.

nothing, belt's tighter than a Yorkshireman in a vice.
    24.39%
    only essential items for home/family/sprogs.
    12.20%
    something on hire-purchase to spread the cost.
    0.00%
    a bright, shiny new toy with cash - details below.
    56.10%
    AndyW's gurning man-love.
    7.32%
    Last edited by realityhack; 21 April 2009, 13:42.

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    new 'cross bike, and some new SPD pedals and race shoes.
    You are getting threaded excited.......

Comment

the missus bought a variable colour side lamp, with......

a remote

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You are getting threaded excited.......
        Yep, until he finds out it cost <£2k. He is Threaded, after all.

Comment

When getting into jogging/running again just before Easter I could not do it without a Garmin Forerunner 405. It is watch with GPS and Heart Rate monitor that collects data as you move about and then it transfers it wirelessly to your Garmin Connect internet training portal.

But running is still tough :-( Because I am fat and unfit. But the whole plan is to change that.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I recently bought an underwater camcorder. Haven't yet decided whether or how to run it through the LtdCo books.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I never get time to do anything for me. I am either working, playing with kids or recovering.

But if I won the lottery I would give up work and spend all my time with the kids......

Comment

New Dell mini 10 just before holidays.

Also one of those Karcher high pressure water jets for cleaning the patio last weekend. Fantastic BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  But running is still tough :-( Because I am fat and unfit. But the whole plan is to change that.
                  Snap. I'm well out of shape and intend to change that. Used to be able to cycle 40km trials in just over an hour and a quarter, and sprint 100m in 11sec. It may take me some time to get back to that level, if ever again. Probably never again, but we can but try.

It may have a (tiny little) bit to do with me taking up smoking in my late teens. Something I also intend to pack in.

I'm hoping that combining giving up with training will be an incentive, as I hope to really notice the improvement - and hence be more motivated to stay healthy.
                  Last edited by realityhack; 21 April 2009, 13:57. Reason: 1:17.5 actually ;)

Comment

I bought and setup a Media Center Extender, a 2nd dual tuner video card for the Media Center and a Slingbox Pro. This means I can now watch all British TV, any movies I've recorded or downloaded and all my music from the comfort of my German apartment..

total cost of purchase £300 ish
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X