• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I stop snoring?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stop snoring?

Ok folks, not to put too fine a point on this but I snore!

Like a swampy-beastie.

I need help.

Suggestions please before girly stoves my heed in with a rolling pin!

Lose weight
    drink less
    don't smoke

Advice here: http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/snor...op_snoring.php

Comment

Snoring Tests - Identify the cause of snoring

repeat of above
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Like a swampy-beastie.

I need help.

There is not cure! Make a will!

Usual causes are being overweight and drinking. I know the first does not apply to you : but do you snore more after drinking?

Other issue for some is your sleeping position. I believe sleeping on your back causes more snoring. Some women sew a ping pong ball into the back of their husband's pyjamas.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Lose weight
          drink less
          don't smoke

Advice here: http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/snor...op_snoring.php
          I don't smoke.

Drink less - Agreed

Lose weight? Sorry mate but when I really hit the gym again I'll be heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            There is not cure! Make a will!

Usual causes are being overweight and drinking. I know the first does not apply to you : but do you snore more after drinking?

Other issue for some is your sleeping position. I believe sleeping on your back causes more snoring. Some women sew a ping pong ball into the back of their husband's pyjamas.
            Girly just punches me until I move.

I snore louder when I've had a drink...

Comment

I used to snore very loudly - now a lot less.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea - I suggest that you get checked out for this. I was prescribed a mouth piece that kept my jaw open and helped me breathe - snoring reduced but bloody uncomfortable (and you dribble worse than a baby!).

The next thing I had done was removing my tonsils (at 35 - bloody parents not doing it when I was 5). Painfull but soon recovered - not snored much since (unless pissed as a fart).

If you really are concerned (and it seems like your girlie is) I would go to your GP and disscuss the issue.

Cheers

Coalman
              Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Like a swampy-beastie.

I need help.

Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I don't smoke.

Drink less - Agreed

Lose weight? Sorry mate but when I really hit the gym again I'll be heavier.
                  By "lose weight" I mean lose excess blubber - which IIRC isn't a problem you have!

I find that spirits cause me to snore more than beer does
                  My snoring seems to have stopped since I quit drinking spirits - relationship saved

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
                    I used to snore very loudly - now a lot less.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea - I suggest that you get checked out for this. I was prescribed a mouth piece that kept my jaw open and helped me breathe - snoring reduced but bloody uncomfortable (and you dribble worse than a baby!).

The next thing I had done was removing my tonsils (at 35 - bloody parents not doing it when I was 5). Painfull but soon recovered - not snored much since (unless pissed as a fart).

If you really are concerned (and it seems like your girlie is) I would go to your GP and disscuss the issue.

Cheers

Coalman
                    Whs - I had the inside of my nose rebuilt. Fine since then. Mrs PSB is now much worse than me

Comment

Working...
                    X