• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

St Georges Day .. tomorrow !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Georges Day .. tomorrow !!!

I will be meeting up with a load of friends tomorrow evening in a village pub for a few pints of real ale. If the weather remains like this it will be a truly memorable occasion.

I hope everybody else is going to celebrate our patron saints day, regardless of your nationality !!!!

Is it the inaugral meeting of 'The banjo and sqeal like a piggy Reenactment society , paddlers chapter' ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I will be wearing a Burrbury cap stood smoking outside the local wetherspoons drinking 2 for 1 bottled belgian beer as is tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        I hope everybody else is going to celebrate our patron saints day, regardless of your nationality !!!!
        Im up to celebrate days for all saints of all religions on this planet as long as i get days off on these days otherwise (no offence) but who cares

Comment

Taffs and Jocks here are all bah-humbug about tomorrow. Miserable gits!
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            I've been a good boy since Saturday and kept off the juice so it sounds like a good idea.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Although Saint George is the Patron Saint of England, it is believed that St George was not English and it is not certain that he ever visited England.

Comment

I intend to dress like a chav, annoy all the neigbours and mug a few old people.

But I will be wearing my England football shirt.

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else think St George is a bit of a crap patron saint?

I resent sharing this foreig dude with Aragon, Catalonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, and Russia, as well as the cities of Amersfoort, Beirut, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Genoa, Ljubljana, Gozo, Pomorie, Qormi, Lod and Moscow!

Why cant we juist have some decent english chappy and keep him all to ourselves?
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    Is it just me, or does anyone else St George is a bit of a crap patron saint?

I resent sharing this foreig dude with Aragon, Catalonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, and Russia, as well as the cities of Amersfoort, Beirut, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Genoa, Ljubljana, Gozo, Pomorie, Qormi, Lod and Moscow!

Why cant we juist have some decent englishy chappy and keep him all to ourselves?
                    Good idea. How about Prince Philip?

Comment

Working...
                    X