• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget 09: And we're off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget 09: And we're off

1235 Mr Darling says he expects the economy to start improving later this year.

Trident will be candelled.

Scented candles as well.

That measure will drop the bill by a fiver.

Comment

Tobacco duty up from 6pm tonight.

2000 duty frees in the cupboard -

New tax rate of 50% for all those with finances complicated enough to be able to avoid it.

£1bn target to reduce tax avoidance.

Gordon Brown looks like he's been on the p1ss last night.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Looks like he removed personal allowance for people earning £100k+.

Comment

....anyone else get the feeling that this speech was written by Gormless Brown?

.......and that this guy hasn't got the first clue what he's doing? In laymen's terms, this is like losing your job and then increasing your spending anyway to keep your kids happy - safe in the knowledge that your wife is going to dump you for someone else, and so you won't be responsible for paying the bills.

Who votes for these cretins?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Darling is just a sockpuppet, it's just the question whose - Gordon Brown's or sasguru's, given the idiocy of that sockpuppet I am not sure which one...

Comment

Cameron is doing ok in his speech - but I'm sick of seeing Brown laughing all the time. What has that git got to laugh about.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

All long-term unemployed under 25s to be offered job or training
                How's he going to pull that one off?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8011882.stm
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

there will be no job so they will default to training!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    How's he going to pull that one off?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8011882.stm
                    Probably a job in a different country.
                    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X