• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Downside of permiedoom….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downside of permiedoom….

I am having to write my own objectives. Already written, having to update halfway through the year, including additional ones and having to align to my boss’s.

Life was sooo much richer in many ways when boss was my client……..

Starting to curse this recession…..

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I am having to write my own objectives.
    Sounds like a winner to me. Aim low, avoid disappointment.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Don't let this new 50% tax put you down Wilmslow...

Comment

Yes if you have to pay more taxes think - its all for a good cause - to bailout those hard working City Bankers.

Bless their Brollys !

Comment

I want to hear more about you in the toilet

I'm still chuckling about that bloke with his pants down
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

ugh, had to do that in a past permy life - total crapola!

boss had to align his with his boss, and we all to fall in beneath them with ours. Really hated it.

for example:
            - Become group SME in SomeShoddyTechnologyThatWeDon'tEvenUse
            - Deliver presentation on SSTTWDEU

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              ugh, had to do that in a past permy life - total crapola!

boss had to align his with his boss, and we all to fall in beneath them with ours. Really hated it.

for example:
              - Become group SME in SomeShoddyTechnologyThatWeDon'tEvenUse
              - Deliver presentation on SSTTWDEU
              That is exactly my new world....... Cumplete and utter uber bullocks.....

Comment

at that place, all bonus and promotions were based on how you did all these things.

how you were meant to do them all AND do your day job I'll never know. The place was full of slimy manager types doing every they could to climb the greasy poll of success.

all that stuff under the broad title of "office politics" is actually the main reason I started contracting.

Comment

"I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralization.''

Comment

Working...
                  X