• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security clearance

Going through this, do I need to mention D and D from student days (20 years ago) ? This doesn't = criminal record due to minor offence.
    Had a criminal convictions check done recently and it came up clear.
    Form wants to know about driving offences except parking.
    Any advice ?

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Going through this, do I need to mention D and D from student days (20 years ago) ? This doesn't = criminal record due to minor offence.
    Any advice ?
    put down everything, leave out nothing
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

so you spent a night in a cell for being 'too drunk to make it home' when you were a student. I dare say you were kicked out of the cell at 4 or 5am and told to go home with a caution. This is not earth shattering, but i would include it on a disclosure document. If they find something you have not told them, you will regret it!!!

Comment

put it down , they dont care about what you did as a student so long ago, but they love honesty trust me the vetting is slick as hell they will know about it!

Be honest i knew someone who put down his minor tulip from years ago and he was cleared np.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          Any advice ?
          Disclose everything is the basic rule. D&D ages ago won't be an issue.

If you don't and they dig it up the clearance could easily be refused.

Use the notes section on the form to mention it if you don't have the exact details.

Comment

Put it down. I had a D&D caution when I was a student and I got clearance. Par for the course when I was in Manchester in the early 90s!
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Don't bother. I had a D & D caution and night in cells years back and didn't declare it for clearance. Never crossed my mind to put it down at the time. Got cleared no problem.

Comment

They do not look at cautions, they only reside on the local police forces system. They only look at the PNC and the SCRO CHS

D&D can get in there if you were really bad and got charged but if you got kicked out the cells after being found stagering up the middle of the road dribbling you would be more likely to get a caution for DAI (drunk and incapable) which is regarded as the most minor of minor things, less than dropping litter.

Comment

Better for you to tell them than for them to tell you.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't tell them your online alter ego!!!!
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X