• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strangest item taken to a meeting ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangest item taken to a meeting ?

Just went to a weekly meeting and a one of the attendees turned up and put a bottle of Fairy Liquid on the tabel in front of him, along with the usual pad, pen etc.

Wierd !
    I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Originally posted by Clownio
    Just went to a weekly meeting and a one of the attendees turned up and put a bottle of Fairy Liquid on the tabel in front of him, along with the usual pad, pen etc.

Wierd !
    Perhaps he wanted to clean up any misunderstandings ?

Comment

In actual fact when questioned he said it was "In case things got dirty"
      I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

a copy of Razzle.....for when the confrence call gets boring.....
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

used to take comic books in with me hidden in a company brochure

Comment

Strangest Item...

...dead monkey called Roger dressed as a clown. I suggested he take the minutes before asking everyone to stand for the national anthem.

HTH
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Slightly off-topic but I was once in a Videoconference call when one of the people at the other site obvously forgot he was in a VC rather than a telephone conference and starting making "******" signs when the house dweeb was droning on and on.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I remember when we first used a videoconference device to talk to the USA - bit of a novelty back in '99. Everything was in mid flow and soon we started to get bored. We had already briefed one guy to walk across the background several times pretending to go down a set of invisible stairs.

Then one of the guys starts moving the remote camera around and zooms straight into one of the pretty staff members heaving chest. All of a sudden there was a silence, a cough and then a southern drawl announces that "...er, we can actually see what you are seeing..."

Red faces all round.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

A colleague of mine took an egg timer into a management meeting with a particulary waffling ex-services sort.

He produced the egg timer as the waffler lumbered to his feet for the start of 40 minutes of unproductive buzzword infested waffle and paper shuffling.

Everyone else thought it was funny, except the waffler who promptly told him to "put that bloody thing away"!
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Myself.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X