• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good hotel in Dublin needed for 2 months!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good hotel in Dublin needed for 2 months!

Hi all

I'm set to start a contract in Dublin at the beginning of May and will need a hotel/bed&breakfast.

Being a typical contractor I'll need to have free wifi in the room, ideally en-suite and it should be friendly and comfortable as I need to stay there for 2 months (plus)

Anybody got any good tips?

Any links/hotel names greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Robert
    What do you mean - "not worth listening to"?! I just don't talk much, that's all

Originally posted by robert_t View Post
    Hi all

I'm set to start a contract in Dublin at the beginning of May and will need a hotel/bed&breakfast.

Being a typical contractor I'll need to have free wifi in the room, ideally en-suite and it should be friendly and comfortable as I need to stay there for 2 months (plus)

Anybody got any good tips?

Any links/hotel names greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Robert
    How much do you want to pay. CM knows some very nice hotels in Dublin...(For nice read "Expensive")

Comment

Lived in Dublin for 3 years, but can't recommend any hotels.

What I would say is there are loads of internet cafes in Dublin city centre, so if you only really need the web for a couple of hours at night, you can get it easily outside a hotel for much cheaper

Food recommendation - Siam Thai on St Andrew Street!

Comment

Does it have to be in Dublin ?

Could you look a bit further out and get the dart in/out everyday ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Does it have to be in Dublin ?

Could you look a bit further out and get the dart in/out everyday ?
          No idea. Apart from what i can see on google maps, I know nothing about Dublin at the moment...

Will check out the dart and costs, etc.

If that's ok, do you have any recommendations?
          What do you mean - "not worth listening to"?! I just don't talk much, that's all

Comment

Bray by the sea is nice and about 30 mins on the dart - Mr P's lot come from there.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in 2005 and would definitely recommend it. The centre is within reasonable waliking distance and it is also close to some good bars by the canal.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/mesp...af0283bb593eed

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                and it is also close to some good bars by the canal.
                Why the wink? Is that the area for arsebanditery then?
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                  Why the wink? Is that the area for arsebanditery then?

I can't answer for that, but I can testify to some leching potential !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in 2005 and would definitely recommend it. The centre is within reasonable waliking distance and it is also close to some good bars by the canal.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/mesp...af0283bb593eed

WHS. Its a nice walk along the canal and about a 15 min walk to St Stephens green/Grafton Street.

I was working in Lower Baggott street for 6 months and the Client would not provide an apartment (despite originally agreeing to it) which would have been cheaper. A problem with apartments in Dublin is they are expensive and reluctant to do lets less than 12 months.

I stayed at the Mespil and it was good. After a while they got to know me so I got upgraded rooms, express checkin and preferential treatment as a result.

Its also very handy for drop off points to/from the airport which is handy.

In general I would certainly not hesitate to stay there again.

Comment

Working...
                    X