• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bands I'd Like To See

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bands I'd Like To See

We have the last gig I saw thread - How about bands you'd really like to see.

Of the ones I have not seen I'd like to see Pink Floyd, Shinedown, Counting Crows and Train

Of the ones I have seen, for me it's probably Faith No More, Three Doors Down, Journey, Roger Waters, Aerosmith, Dave Lee Roth (although he's probably too old now) Guns And Roses, Faster Pusseycat, the Red Hot Chillipeppers and The Eagles.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Of the ones I have not seen I'd like to see Pink Floyd, Shinedown, Counting Crows and Train
    My friends band (The Crave) just supported Shinedown on their recent European tour...he could even get me backstage to the Islington gig, but I was out of town that night! Gutted!
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      We have the last gig I saw thread - How about bands you'd really like to see.

Of the ones I have seen, for me it's probably Faith No More, Three Doors Down, Journey, Roger Waters, Aerosmith, Dave Lee Roth (although he's probably too old now) Guns And Roses, Faster Pusseycat, the Red Hot Chillipeppers and The Eagles.
      I have seen Pink Floyd (several times), Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix ..... so what's left to see? OK, going to AC/DC tonight

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        I have seen Pink Floyd (several times), Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix ..... so what's left to see? OK, going to AC/DC tonight
        Enjoy mate, Saw them last month and they were tulip hot.

I've seen GnR - the original line up, probably the loudest gig I've ever been to, and wouldn't mind seeing how the revised line up sounds, Axl sounds a bit rough now.
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Of the bands I've never managed to see I'd like to see Aerosmith, The Police, Lifehouse, The Black Crowes, Porcupine Tree and Calexico.

There are loads of bands I'd like to see again.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Oh - good idea

I'd like to see,

The Hives,
            Yeah Yeah Yeah's
            Rammstien
            Flaming Lips
            Mercury Rev
            Foo Fighters
            The Killers
            Tom Waits
            Rufus Wainwright.

Ones I'd like to have seen - but now no longer possible.
            The Clash - cant remember If I did see them - I saw a lot of bands in the early 80's
            The Rammones
            Nina Simmone
            Smiths
            Joy Division
            Mr P in his band before he met me

Best Gigs
            The Cure at Glastonbury '85.
            Polyphonic Spree - very bouncy
            The Pogues - saw them 5 times and they were great each time.
            Interpol
            Ian Dury & the Blockheads
            Divine Comedy

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Of the bands I've never managed to see I'd like to see Aerosmith, The Police, Lifehouse, The Black Crowes, Porcupine Tree and Calexico.

There are loads of bands I'd like to see again.
              I'm seeing The Black Crowes at Brixton on 17th May...tickets still available Voodoo...
              Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                Enjoy mate, Saw them last month and they were tulip hot.

I've seen GnR - the original line up, probably the loudest gig I've ever been to, and wouldn't mind seeing how the revised line up sounds, Axl sounds a bit rough now.
                I saw Guns and Roses on a wet midweek night when they failed to sell out the Apollo in Manchester while I was at school. They were supported by faster pusseycat who I thought were tons better. Then everybody latched onto Appetite for Destruction and they became popular. I then saw them when they opened at Donnington - where 2 people died during their set. The last time I saw them was a couple of years ago at the MEN and his voice was spot on. Although he is still a dick when it comes to going on stage late. The concert didn't finish until 20 to 1 in the morning and so most people would have either had to leave early or struggle getting home. Also he kept going off stage after every 3 or 4 songs which was a bit of a pain. There are only so many solos you can listen to before they get boring.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Oh - good idea

The Clash - cant remember If I did see them -

trust me , you'd remember seeing the Clash, awesome pre-1980!

Comment

Like to see,

The Hives,
                    Foo Fighters
                    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
                    Kings of Leon
                    The Police

Ones I'd like to have seen - but now no longer possible.
                    Joy Division
                    Abba (sorry!!)

Best Gigs
                    Snowpatrol
                    Prince, years and years ago!
                    U2 in Croke Park
                    Kaiser Chiefs in Leeds last year
                    I'm seeing Pink on Sunday, I expect that wll be added to my best gigs list too!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X