• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent Rates in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Rates in London

Just missed a call from an agency and she left a long voice message.

6 months gig somewhere in London, development experience required in Finance (Capital Markets, Asset Management etc). Looks suitable to me.

BUT for my excitement she also mentioned daily rate of £200 / month.

No disrespect but even after serious rate cuts here in Scotland, Im getting lot more than that.

Obviously I wana go back to London for my next gig as Im quite bored here. But how come rates have fallen so much there. I think Permies even get similar stuff .

Is it for real ?? Because that lady sounded like an indian(with accent), so i wonder she tried to trap me as a 'cheap labour' (which i never mentioned in any of my CV)

A 'daily rate of £200 / month' sounds a bit confusing.

Comment

oh sorry my mistake 200/day .....

Comment

I remember in the last downturn I applied for a contract at 250 a day. Goldman Sachs contracts were paying 350 a day.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I remember in the last downturn I applied for a contract at 250 a day. Goldman Sachs contracts were paying 350 a day.
          So was that 250 a day for an IB?

I personally think 300 should be bare minimum for a contract in any IB in recession. I would even go for 150 (if i'll be in desperate need, which thankfully im not at the moment), but its coz I wont be spending time,energy and fortune traveling up n down the country and i'll be happy to pay that cost to avoid RyanAir and close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
            I personally think ...
            What you think is irrelevant.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              What you think is irrelevant.

HTH
              What you say is obnoxious........ even when true!

Comment

Yesterday Huxley sent me a financial Java role in the city for 140-200 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Yesterday Huxley sent me a financial Java role in the city for 140-200 a day.
                  Hoaxley
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You have to be careful the pimps aren't still charging top dollar and screwing you down to a woefully low rate. There are less gigs and they still have the same overheads.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X