• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dropping out of a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping out of a contract

Hi everybody,

This is my first post. I am new in contracting, just saw my first contract and started thinking of going up in the mountain and do some shepherd work or something.

So my first question: In my contract there are various articles describing the conditions under which either my management company or my agency could terminate it. But for as long as my assignment continues I don't see any way for me to exit my contract, in case I am dissatisfied or for whatever reason. The only way I seem to have is to enter my working place loaded with drugs and start sexually harassing everybody, so they end the contract immeditelly, but that's not a good choice for me.

Should there be some part referring to a notice period from my side to exit the contract or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Originally posted by K... View Post
    Hi everybody,

This is my first post. I am new in contracting, just saw my first contract and started thinking of going up in the mountain and do some shepherd work or something.

So my first question: In my contract there are various articles describing the conditions under which either my management company or my agency could terminate it. But for as long as my assignment continues I don't see any way for me to exit my contract, in case I am dissatisfied or for whatever reason. The only way I seem to have is to enter my working place loaded with drugs and start sexually harassing everybody, so they end the contract immeditelly, but that's not a good choice for me.

Should there be some part referring to a notice period from my side to exit the contract or am I missing something?

Thanks.
    Another way to get your contract terminated is to not bother turning up one day. However, if you speak to the hiring manager and explain that you need to terminate your contract due to family issues or something. However, I reckon you are a sockpuppet, and don't know how genuine your post really is.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Whose sockpuppet is this?
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by K... View Post
        ...The only way I seem to have is to enter my working place loaded with drugs and start sexually harassing everybody, so they end the contract immeditelly, but that's not a good choice for me....
        No, I don't get it. How could that not be a good choice for everyone?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tea trolley. Jam donut. Knob. Sorted.
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
            Tea trolley. Jam donut. Knob. Sorted.
            I should of added, you could quite easily of searched for this advice. FFS, newbies..

Comment

Ok k... are you ok?
              I bailed out of a contract a couple of years ago, mainly to preserve my sanity. (which failed anyway)

I got stung by the agency for £600, to compensate them for loss of earnings. £600, thats like 240 pints of lager

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                I should of added, you could quite easily of searched for this advice. FFS, newbies..

have
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Duuhh....

I don't understand why so much mistrust. I must have missed some code of conduct or something. Anyway if someone forcibly ends his contract by not appearing for a couple of days for example, doesn't this enable the umbrella company to go after him claiming damages due to his breach of the contract?

Also sorry for being in the wrong category. I suppose I shouldn't be in "General"...

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

have
                    Well spotted.

Comment

Working...
                    X