• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughtful doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughtful doom

This doom thread is started after careful consideration.

I shall also abbreviate the points so apologies for bad grammar.

Became a CUKer just before Christmas.
    Got soaked up in the doom threads.
    Researched my own doom.
    In my teens frequented a pentecostal church that pointed me at numerous doom videos (Barry Smith I think) that preached new world order, global currency, RFId etc etc (although still consider myself a Christian I am still looking for a church)
    Now found various sites that purport doom such as fknnewz.com, knowthelies.com
    Watched online vids such as the Obama deception (courtesty of knowthelies.com)

And I've got to be honest, all of the points set out in the Barry Smith vid (circa 1992) regarding the establishment of one world order have come true.

I have become aware of prognosticators such as Gerald Celente, and for this year and next they predict a world war, after the US invades Iran. Also I note Pakistan has nukes and is unstable in its government and dissidents.

As a relatively young CUKer (32) with a young family, it kind of makes my head bubble over at night just wondering how much of this doom is actually true.

The conspiracy theorists would have us belive that the Bildeberg group set world policy, the credit crunch was planned, and that the global agenda is

World currency
    World war 3
    Global enslavement.

What do other CUKers feel with regards to this agenda?

Heavy one I know, and I promise I will post about pot noodles or badly packed kebabs in future, but for now please do me a favour and just let me know how you are feeling about the world.

Ta

suityou1
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

But I thought that it was the Freemasons that were running the world, not this Bilderberg group.

Comment

Should I make it clear that I don't have a lot of time for these "conspiracy theories".

It is something that I have only begun to appreciate in the last few years, but the "Status Quo" is recent and that the way human beings organise themselves has changed beyond recognition over the millennia.

For that reason, I expect that the "Nation States" as they exist today will outlive their usefulness in the current millennium, but probably not while I am alive.

Whatever does eventually finish the human race off, it won't be expected, so don't worry about it.

Comment

I think
        I think I am
        therefore I am,
        I think ?

Of course you are my bright little star
        I've miles And miles
        Of files
        Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
        and now to suit our Mighty Central Computer
        You're now digital data

I'm more than that
        I know I am,
        at least
        I think I must be.

There you go man
        keep as cool as you can.
        Face piles
        And piles
        Of trials
        With smiles.

It riles them to believe
        that you perceive
        the web they weave

And keep on thinking free.
        If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

The human brain is pre-disposed to conspiracy theories, due to the seductive nature of them, and their oversimplification of the subject.

People have been saying the end is nye since the beginning. Revelations has been used for the last 2000 years to predict the end. I remember when christians were saying Michael Gorbichof had the mark of the beast on his head.

Stop worrying and enjoy your life
          Originally posted by cailin maith
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Alf, you've accidentally logged in as Central-Scrutinizer..

My 2cents is simple, there are a lot of doomslayers on this site, I figure it helps balance out the complete tulipe that the government spin doctors like to preach and I fit somewhere in the middle with an exit route / plan b planned if necessary involving either Northern Scandanavia or a remote island in Indonesia, both places of which seem to be completely unaffected by world order..

I suggest you get away from the rat race on a break, if possible, for a while, it helps gain perspective..
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Thanks all.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Hmm I have to admit I take it all with a big pinch of salt.
                My philosophy is - be a decent person and do what is within your control to make others happy.
                Love your fellow man and always try a see everything from both sides.

I do find myself getting cynical from time to time and It can be hard to stop.
                But do you really think that you expending energy worrying over doom laden stories in the newspapers is going to make any difference to the end result?

When it happens worry about it - don’t worry about what MAY happen.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Hmm I have to admit I take it all with a big pinch of salt.
                  My philosophy is - be a decent person and do what is within your control to make others happy.
                  Love your fellow woman and always try a see everything from both sides.

I do find myself getting cynical from time to time and It can be hard to stop.
                  But do you really think that you expending energy worrying over doom laden stories in the newspapers is going to make any difference to the end result?

When it happens worry about it - don’t worry about what MAY happen.
                  fixed that one for you
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    fixed that one for you
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X