• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gdp Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gdp Doom

GDP fell at annual rate of 7.6% last quarter.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6159893.ece

The economy contracted by 1.9 per cent in the first three months of the year - the fastest rate since 1979 - as the recession continued to ravage the country, official figures showed this morning.

The dramatic fall in GDP is much higher than the 1.6 per cent drop in the final three months of last year, and also ahead of the rate of contraction that economists had forecast.

The Mods stole my post count!

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    GDP fell at annual rate of 7.6% last quarter.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6159893.ece

The economy contracted by 1.9 per cent in the first three months of the year - the fastest rate since 1979 - as the recession continued to ravage the country, official figures showed this morning.

The dramatic fall in GDP is much higher than the 1.6 per cent drop in the final three months of last year, and also ahead of the rate of contraction that economists had forecast.

And yet, its not selling off against the dollar. Very wierd
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      And yet, its not selling off against the dollar. Very wierd
      It will come.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I trust that the voters are proud of electing Labour for the past three terms. I really do fear for the intellect of the majority of people of UK PLC as the demise of our country was entirely predictable.

Comment

Cyberman, the parallel universe just called. It was just as bad under the Tories.

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Cyberman, the parallel universe just called. It was just as bad under the Tories.

HTH

So when did the Tories have to borrow 175 Billion pounds in one year, 173 billion pounds the next year, 140 Billion the next year, 118 Billion the next year, 97 Billion the next, etc etc ?
            Last edited by Cyberman; 24 April 2009, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              So when did the Tories have to borrow 175 Billion pounds in one year, 173 billion pounds the next year, 140 Billion the next year, 118 Billion the next year, 97 Billion the next, etc etc ?
              Look at some of the numbers under Heath and the early years of the Thatcher government then adjust them for inflation. Point is if we had had a Tory governemnt in recent years we'd be nearly as fsked.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                Look at some of the numbers under Heath and the early years of the Thatcher government then adjust them for inflation. Point is if we had had a Tory governemnt in recent years we'd be nearly as fsked.
                Then look at what they were lumbered with in terms of an economy. New Labour inherited an economy that was doing well. They even stuck to the Tories plans for the first 2 years.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  Point is if we had had a Tory governemnt in recent years we'd be nearly as fsked.
                  I'd say if Tories were in place of Labour then the same debt bubble would have happened just like under republicans in the USA who followed Bill Clinton policies.

It would have been different only if Vince Cable (or somelike like him) was the Chancellor - perhaps it should be demanded that he becomes Chancellor in any event - whether Tories or Labour win.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    It will come.
                    Why?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X