• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taleban 65 miles from Pakistan’s capital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taleban 65 miles from Pakistan’s capital

In the boozer last night, I got chatting with a foreign affairs journo from the torygraph. He says the poo is in danger of really hitting the fan in pakistan right now.

Will the Indians sort this mess out for us? Much cheapness, plenty quickness.

Those Taleban are proper nutters.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6150376.ece

The Taleban seized towns less than 65 miles from Pakistan’s capital yesterday, renewing fears that Islamabad’s recent peace deal with the radicals would only accelerate their advance across the country.

The Mods stole my post count!

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    In the boozer last night, I got chatting with a foreign affairs journo from the torygraph. He says the poo is in danger of really hitting the fan in pakistan right now.

Will the Indians sort this mess out for us? Much cheapness, plenty quickness.

Those Taleban are proper nutters.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6150376.ece

The Taleban seized towns less than 65 miles from Pakistan’s capital yesterday, renewing fears that Islamabad’s recent peace deal with the radicals would only accelerate their advance across the country.

Ok this is bad. Real bad.

The peace accord had already drawn harsh criticism from Pakistan’s Western allies. “I think that the Pakistani Government is basically abdicating to the Taleban and to the extremists,” Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of States, said yesterday. She added that the situation in Pakistan “poses a mortal threat to the security of our country and the world”.
    A mortal threat?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

How long till they get the nukes ?
      mushrooms anyone

Comment

Well, Pakistan (their secret service) was responsible for creation of Taleban, it's only fitting that their creation is getting back to them...

Comment

I really do, desperately, want to avoid UK military involvement in Pakistan but I fear that trying to obtain a Falkands-factor type poll boost may be a Brownian ambition in the run up to next years general election.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            I really do, desperately, want to avoid UK military involvement in Pakistan but I fear that trying to obtain a Falkands-factor type poll boost may be a Brownian ambition in the run up to next years general election.

We can't afford it and we should not get involved. The Pakistanis should sort out their own problems and if they want Islamic law that is up to them. It is not our job to police the world. If anything, we should be pulling out of Afghanistan as well.

Comment

UK will probably have to be involved - unlike Iraq there is Al Quaeda there and unlike Iraq there are nukes in Pakistan.

UK is closer for nuclear strike and I don't think it has a fraction of anti-missile capability that US has developed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                UK will probably have to be involved - unlike Iraq there is Al Quaeda there and unlike Iraq there are nukes in Pakistan.

UK is closer for nuclear strike and I don't think it has a fraction of anti-missile capability that US has developed so far.
                Don't think they have the range for that. But India on the other hand. That's near enough to lob a nuke at.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Don't think they have the range for that.
                  No, but they can load up nuke on a ship and blow it in water not far from London - it's much harder for the same boat to make trip to USA and frankly one nuke in the south of UK would result in a huge growth in houses prices up noft, particularly Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    No, but they can load up nuke on a ship and blow it in water not far from London - it's much harder for the same boat to make trip to USA and frankly one nuke in the south of UK would result in a huge growth in houses prices up noft, particularly Scotland.
                    LOB

Comment

Working...
                    X