• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC's Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC's Website

I think its great, while working away last year, I got to watch all the events i missed during the day via their streaming service, and I'm watching the snooker now
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Actually on a similar theme, I spent Saturday afternoon sitting at my breakfast bar in my kitchen, supping vodka and apple juice, with Soccer Saturday on one window of my laptop, and paddypower's live horse racing in another!

I was as happy as a pig in sh*t!

I was about £50 up too, until I bet all my winnings on a stupid donkey called Lady Lube!
    (Well it was Lady Lube Rye to be exact).
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Actually on a similar theme, I spent Saturday afternoon sitting at my breakfast bar in my kitchen, supping vodka and apple juice, with Soccer Saturday on one window of my laptop, and paddypower's live horse racing in another!

I was about £50 up too, until I bet all my winnings on a stupid donkey called Lady Lube!
      lady lube ?
      you are being deliberately provacative this avvie, you minxie minx

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Ladylike
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          lady lube ?

I'm actually telling the truth aswell
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Ladylike
            I can't help it - I was raised in a boys house, and my Dad was a betting shop manager!

It's my heritage!!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

I've worked with two people who are racing mad due to their fathers being bookies. One of them arranged most of his holidays to attend things like the Cheltenham Festival.

I don't have the first idea when it comes to horsies, but I enjoyed being invited to the Races at Ripon and York. I can understand why people go, very exciting events.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                lady lube ?

With a name like Lady Lube, I think the horse will slip at the first furlong.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

With a name like Lady Lube, I think the horse will slip at the first furlong
                  Apparently, she shot out of the pen like greased lightning, only to come unstuck when she stumbled at her first water jump.

Clearly, she wasn't water-based.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                  X