• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you take the risk?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you take the risk?

Your contract start date keeps getting pushed back (got the gig 5 weeks ago) and now you are asked to work without a contract in place. As much as I think this may be OK(in contract arriving soon) would any fellow contractors take the risk?

Has anyone experienced this?

Yes and yes. It worked out fine.

Comment

No. Never start without a contract. You are assumed to have accepted whatever contract they then show to you.

If you must start send them your terms and conditions and say you are using these.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        No. Never start without a contract. You are assumed to have accepted whatever contract they then show to you.

If you must start send them your terms and conditions and say you are using these.
        WHS - you'd be a fool otherwise.

Comment

about half the gigs I ever started didn't have the contacts signed
          it's never caused me a problem

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            about half the gigs I ever started didn't have the contacts signed
            it's never caused me a problem

I'll admit to have done a day before gettnig a contract however not after 5 weeks of getting fecked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
              Your contract start date keeps getting pushed back (got the gig 5 weeks ago) and now you are asked to work without a contract in place. As much as I think this may be OK(in contract arriving soon) would any fellow contractors take the risk?

Has anyone experienced this?
              As the OP states, contract date keeps on getting pushed back and now they want a start without a contract. Wouldn't touch it in this case

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                I'll admit to have done a day before gettnig a contract however not after 5 weeks of getting fliped about.
                do ya feel lucky ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What reason have they given for no contract?

Seems a bit rum after 5 weeks.

Comment

I've simply not turned up on site without a contract. End of. Not even an extension. I've noticed that's when agencies are most likely to 'enhance' the Ts & Cs and hope you don't notice.

Comment

Working...
                    X