• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Koenig Solutions Training

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koenig Solutions Training

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used them.I'm thinking of using them to get MCSE + upgrade to MCITP and then possibly CCNA and Citrix. Should take around 3 months according to their website.

I'm just about to finish my first contract as an IMAC Engineer. That last over a year. Before that I was a 2nd Line Agent for around 8 years.

I'm happy to take a few months out to get skilled up, to make more marketable. I like the way Koenig take more time to train you, 50 days MCSE on regular track, compared with 12 days through some companies.

Has anyone used them?

Cheers

Mark

I have heard good and bad things about them, so I would think carefully (obviously the people saying bad things may have an unjustified grudge). Like most things Indian that relate to IT they are cheaper than the UK, but still they are not exactly giving it away, especially when you are taking into account flights and 3 months loss of earnings.

BTW If you sat at home for 3 months with the relevant books, a pc and a cheap switch/router that you can pick up on ebay, surely you could crack those certs? If you did it that way you would save all the training money, flights and still be available for work in this tough market. Just a thought

Comment

Hi,

I used Koenig (Goa site) back in April '07 and was very pleased with the whole package. They did exactly what they advertised and I had a fair bit of e-mail tennis with them before going ahead with it. They may have changed their policy, but I paid the balance at the end of the first day (i think it was a small deposit on booking).
      I went for the one to one, although the "classes" were only 4 - 5 people at the most.
      Excellent experience!

Comment

Koenig Solutions India Dont Go There

Hi

I Just Been Here In Goa With Koenig Solutions

If You Want Proper Training And Certification Do Not Come To Koenig

They Show You How To Do Things And Talk To You But They Dont Let You Do Any Practise Yourself Unless You Pay Them For Additional Time Or Course.

They Give You Braindumps To Pass The Exams.

The Learning Material They Use Is Cheap Tatty And Most Of It Is Not Even Original Books Just Photocopys

They Charge You Full Wack And Make Up Prices As They Go Along.

The Centre Manager Is Rude And Never In Office And Does Not Like When Student Complaint

The Big Boss Of Koenig Rohit Argarwal All He Cares About How Much Money He Is Raking In From International Student.

If You Want Proper Training Try To Look Else Where

I Spent Over £6000 With Koenig And Definately Would Never Recommend It.

Comment

I have just spent 5 weeks in Goa with Koenig and I have to say I am glad that I discovered this thread after booking my course ‘else I might have been put off and missed out on what for was a great learning experience. I am sure IndainBoi’s comments were as he experienced it but does seem to have a completely different experience to me and the dozen or so students that came and went while I was there.

For me after 15 years in the IT stream I wanted to freshen up my CV so choose a few modern courses (MCSE NT4 was no longer cutting it) All of the instructors I had a sound business experienced knowledge of the subjects they taught and helped me cut through the wads of chaff that come with all Microsoft and Oracle products. This is a lot different to some of the training houses I have experienced in the UK. I doubt I could have taken 3 months off of work and got through the exams by myself without losing the will to live somewhere along the line. A few points from me if you are considering it:

1 Be realistic, you can’t turn up a luddite and leave on a par with Bill Gates in 5 weeks. If you need extra training take extra cash – try getting a UK instructor to come in on a Saturday and Sunday for free.

2 India is cheap but nothing comes for free. Generally things fall into 2 brackets Cheap as hell or expensive even by UK costs (78 rupees to the £). Don’t be too offended when asked to pay your way; that £2 tip you gave at the airport won’t cover it all. The books are the same, mostly thinner paper. I find it hard to believe a big player (as they are in India) like Koenig would risk the wrath of MS and the like by copying books.

3 Same goes for accommodation. If you want style go hotel, if you want clean and basic, incl TV and Broadband, then the apartments are a good choice and cheap. Think back to squalors of student accom when criticising.

4. The labs worked fine Oracle is a big beast and the clients need 4Gb of Ram and a lot of CPU horsepower I never experienced any issues.

5 Get used to delay, in Goa when you pay for something it is expected that you will get exactly that. The Manager of the place was delightful efficient and always charming but make no mistake she rules with an iron fist and she ensures that nothing goes a miss which why I found the place so productive. If you ask the staff they do anything you ask but they will make sure that it meets her approval and high standards first. Again I have no complaints.

Sorry Indian Boi I have to disagree I would definitely recommend Koenig

Comment

Good Experience

Well its a little late for a response but someone else might see this.

I just spent 2 months (May - June 2011) in Shimla my reason was to get back into development specifically SharePoint. I had taken some courses in Delhi a few months before and wasn’t that wild about the environment although the training center seemed to be top notch which is why I picked Shimla. I will agree neither place is a 5 star hotel but that is not what I was going after. You will get clean sheets, private bath and really good Indian food. I wanted inexpensive Microsoft certified training and that is exactly what I got. I can speak of the Shimla center as clean, neat and the staff was so willing to please in any problems that I had which were minimal. If you want vegetarian you will get veggies fresh every day. In fact I had to be careful not to voice something that really didn’t matter to me because someone would jump on it and try to fix it. The instructors were all professional and VERY knowledgeable. There was some getting used to the language pronunciation of certain words but if you want American English you will pay American prices. It seems to be a sound business model of catering to foreigners with low cost professional training. The only gripe I had and heard was the official Microsoft curriculum which is pitiful (not Koenig’s fault). Microsoft seems to have evolved their training material into trying to impress themselves with their $10.00 words that take 5 minutes to decipher and very limited information in their “Official course books”. I left all the hard copies there they were so bad. The instructors were there to get through those bumps. It is my impression that Koenig is doing everything they can to constantly improve their service including trying to figure out what words different English speakers pronounce differently. If you are not used to “limited” living conditions in emerging countries you might not like it. If you want low cost training with a great cultural experience to boot I highly recommend the experience at Koenig. Be prepared to work for your training. You can take shortcuts and go to the brain dumps if you want or you can take advantage of the time away from home focus on the labs, instructor resources and courses and work for your certification. Koenig is the place for that.

Comment

I cannot vouch for any of the replies to this thread. Seem to be a few single posters making comment here so all I can say is do your own research before parting with your hard-earned cash... This thread now locked.

Comment

Working...
              X