PDA

View Full Version : Gordon should resign petition

Addanc
24th April 2009, 18:35
Here (http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/) is a petition worth signing :wave:

AtW
24th April 2009, 18:37
Here (http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/) is a petition worth signing :wave:

:yay:

DocP
24th April 2009, 18:42
I'm in

Cliphead
24th April 2009, 18:54
Done :yay:

Ardesco
24th April 2009, 18:56
You see I would, but on reflection I'd much rather watch him get fecking mullered in the next general election. If he resigned now he would be a smarmy bastard saying how he was never voted out of power and how labour would have won if he hadn't stood up for some principal or other and resigned.....

AtW
24th April 2009, 18:59
Don't worry - he won't resign anyway, but refusing it would help him get even more humiliating loss in next years elections.

eliquant
24th April 2009, 18:59
You see I would, but on reflection I'd much rather watch him get fliping mullered in the next general election. If he resigned now he would be a smarmy bastard saying how he was never voted out of power and how labour would have won if he hadn't stood up for some principal or other and resigned.....

Here, here .....vote Tory for future Glory, keep in the Brown temporary because his leadership has not been exemplary.

flippin heck I feel like Pam Ayres without the saucy innuendo at the end of the poem.

Troll
24th April 2009, 20:40
Here, here .....vote Tory for future Glory, keep in the Brown temporary because his leadership has not been exemplary.

Is it all the fault of Brown? or is this the consequence of 12 years of Labour (of which Brown had had large part) fooking up the economy. You have to hand it to Blair he timed his exit perfectly ..

Troll
24th April 2009, 20:52
and as if by magic up pops Blair ...

The former Prime Minister has privately expressed his despair at the Labour government's decision to target the wealthy in the Budget.

Some of the leading architects of New Labour have also savaged the move, which they believe has cost Labour any hope of winning the general election.

The revelation that Mr Blair has privately indicated his opposition to the headline 50 pence tax rate for people earning over £150,000 will cause consternation in Downing Street,.

One friend of Mr Blair said: "Tony thought the original proposal to raise the top rate to 45 pence was just about saleable in the current economic circumstances.

"But he believes taking 50 per cent is not acceptable. It would not have happened if he was still there. He thinks it's a terrible mistake."

One of Mr Blair's closest allies said: The 50p tax move is a disaster. Blair would have cut taxes, not increased them."

SantaClaus
24th April 2009, 21:31
Anyone want a bet that Blair uses a ..... wait for it .......

...... tax avoidance scheme.

AtW
24th April 2009, 22:39
Anyone want a bet that Blair uses a ..... wait for it .......

...... tax avoidance scheme.

Well, he lives outside of UK more than 183 days a year now...

Doggy Styles
24th April 2009, 22:49
The best thing Labour could do right now is sack Gordon Brown, blame him for everything, and set about trying to rescue as many seats as possible from the carnage next year.

AtW
24th April 2009, 23:09
4600 signatures now - looks like all sockpuppets have signed up there...

AlfredJPruffock
25th April 2009, 11:06
One of Mr Blair's closest allies said: The 50p tax move is a disaster. Blair would have cut taxes, not increased them."

Believe that - and you will believe anything.

KentPhilip
26th April 2009, 20:50

It is up to 9982 signatures now.
Just another 18 to kick it over the 10,000 mark. Get signing contractors! :D

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

TheRefactornator
26th April 2009, 21:33
Current count of signatories 10058
Currently #15 in the list of most popular petitions

As it stands it has to get above 20539 to appear in the five most popular on the http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ homepage.

http://www.labourhome.org/story/2009/4/26/123855/200

HairyArsedBloke
26th April 2009, 22:25
Get your sockpuppets out to sign too.

AtW
26th April 2009, 22:28
Maybe that should become next CUK Holiday destination...

OwlHoot
26th April 2009, 22:54
For flip's sake, think for a moment before you sign. Do you really want GB to resign before the next election, and thereby possibly make Labour slightly more electable?

On the other hand, as there's no way he would resign just on account of a petition like this, maybe it is a good idea to sign if only to help discredit him even more.

d000hg
26th April 2009, 23:22
You see I would, but on reflection I'd much rather watch him get fliping mullered in the next general election. If he resigned now he would be a smarmy bastard saying how he was never voted out of power and how labour would have won if he hadn't stood up for some principal or other and resigned.....Not voted in, not voted out... a nice kind of symmetry don't you think?

AtW
26th April 2009, 23:28
He won't resign - that's the whole point of petition to give him that choice to show himself power hungry bastard who'd cling on to power until the last possible moment.

Perhaps Her Majesty (as the Head of State) should order the Army to take him down and declare new elections.

Ardesco
27th April 2009, 07:55
Well I signed it anyway, although I do hope he stays to get a kicking in the next general election.

I'm sure he will dismiss it as a Tory smear campaign, and not the voice of the people anyway :)

Solidec
27th April 2009, 10:03
If he resigns, I cannot see Labour having a mandate to stay in power until 2010. It would inevitably result in a 2009 election as soon as a new Labour leader was voted for by the party.

The Economy is more important that politics at present so I would favour an election now with a smaller Conservative Majority and a years headstart in fixing the crisis than a 2010 landslide and 1 more year of Brown.

Doggy Styles
27th April 2009, 10:33
Not voted in, not voted out... a nice kind of symmetry don't you think?Diseases come and go...

TheRefactornator
28th April 2009, 10:31
Now at 21629 signatures and #5 in the top 5 on the #10 homepage
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/

It has captured the nations imagination although I can't imagine why :happy

TheRefactornator predicts it won't be long before it's top - stick that in your signature line.

Churchill
28th April 2009, 10:46

Is this the new counting thread? :rollin:

Ardesco
28th April 2009, 12:58
22,642 now :music:

AtW
28th April 2009, 12:59

Is this the new counting thread? :rollin:

It will be "test please delete" by the time it reaches Gordon...

TheRefactornator
28th April 2009, 13:09
The count did stall for about an hour earlier today..Gordo must have unplugged the webserver to plug his dildo in, but it's onwards and upwards again now.

Peoplesoft bloke
28th April 2009, 20:12
It's not quite as popular as the one asking him not to reduce the national speed limit to 50, or the one that's something to do with the RNLI. I notice one of the recent signatories was a bloke called Michael Howard.

AtW
28th April 2009, 20:45
I notice one of the recent signatories was a bloke called Michael Howard.

That one is too old - in all probability he asks his secretary to answer emails for him, like my ex-ex-boss did, allegedly...

HairyArsedBloke
28th April 2009, 21:22
With a bit of luck, it should make No. 1 tomorrow.

Peoplesoft bloke
28th April 2009, 21:30
Well it's currently still at 5, the petition against a State Funeral for Thatcher is in at 14 though :laugh

Board Game Geek
28th April 2009, 22:15
the petition against a State Funeral for Thatcher is in at 14 though

I'd sooner have a petition for a State Funeral for Gordon Brown.

Preferably, as quickly as possible.

BoredBloke
29th April 2009, 05:43
I'd sooner have a petition for a State Funeral for Gordon Brown.

Preferably, as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't even wait for him to die first either.

Board Game Geek
29th April 2009, 07:28
Tony E posted : I wouldn't even wait for him to die first either.

:laugh

Indeed, given his status and importance, it would only be right to give exemption in this case, as a mark of respect for the man and all that he has done for the country.

Think of it as a parting gift from a grateful electorate.

:laugh

HairyArsedBloke
29th April 2009, 09:32
No. 3 @ 26743

HairyArsedBloke
29th April 2009, 11:02
No. 2 @ 27331

HairyArsedBloke
29th April 2009, 14:33
No. 1 @ 28454

:banana::yay:

BoredBloke
29th April 2009, 14:37
Gordon is No One - it's official

TheRefactornator
29th April 2009, 14:57
:yay:
The petition sig count completely eclipses the number who voted him in as MP in his local constituency http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkcaldy_and_Cowdenbeath_(UK_Parliament_constitue ncy)#Election_results (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkcaldy_and_Cowdenbeath_%28UK_Parliament_constit uency%29#Election_results)

..which means the general populace hopes he will immediately swallow a cyanide pill..or two, followed by guzzling a trough of swine snot chaser. Just to be absolutely sure.

BoredBloke
29th April 2009, 15:23
Good stats them - 42% of those who voted in his own constituency didn't even want him.

FSM with Cheddar
1st May 2009, 12:48
It's number 1 now: 39231 votes

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Menelaus
1st May 2009, 12:51
[QUOTE=FSM with Cheddar;832228]It's number 1 now: 39231 votes

Unfortunately, I suspect that he doesn't have the common decency to do the honourable thing and retire with a bottle of whisky and the Mess Webley.

:suicide:

PM-Junkie
1st May 2009, 13:05
Actually I am quite happy for him to stick around a while longer. Another 6 months and he'll have destroyed his incompetent party for at least the next 20 years.....until the next generation comes along not knowing that labour don't understand economics or business.

Doggy Styles
1st May 2009, 13:09
Actually I am quite happy for him to stick around a while longer. Another 6 months and he'll have destroyed his incompetent party for at least the next 20 years.....until the next generation comes along not knowing that labour don't understand economics or business.That's my take too.

HairyArsedBloke
1st May 2009, 13:14
Two days after it happened, even the BBC now carry the story. They also carry Clarke ashamed to be a Labour MP.

Who knows, maybe the evil snot goblin will take the holiday weekend to think about it and GO on Tuesday. :wave: :suicide: :yay:

I can dream I suppose. :freaky:

Doggy Styles
1st May 2009, 13:31
Who knows, maybe the evil snot goblin will take the holiday weekend to think about it and GO on Tuesday.Would you really want to miss all the fun of him being turfed out against his will?

Desperately holding onto the railings outside number 10 as a couple of burly police constables try to pull him away?