• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children who have sex advice may be reported to police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children who have sex advice may be reported to police

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...832627,00.html

"CHILDREN under 16 would be automatically reported to the police if they seek advice on contraception, pregnancy or abortion, under government proposals."

"The Department for Education and Skills is now consulting on whether new guidance should be issued requiring information on under-age sexual activity “always” to be referred to the police. "

Milan.

Well that looks like a sure fire way to increase underage pregnancys. Yet in the west we are nearing the pensions time bomb, so anything that will increase the birthrate is a good idea IMHO.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I am appalled by the level of under age sex. These fourteen year olds are having more jiggy jiggy than me!!!! Disgusting!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yep, that's just what we need; knitting needles in the bathroom, fear and persecution.
        Whilst it's crazy for children to have babies, setting the Gestapo on them is hardly the solution.

This is simply another step in NL's march to transform Britain into a Puritan's wet dream.

Comment

Well I think it's about time

One of the main reasons for all the problems in this country is unaccountability and people choosing not to take responsibility.
          Children are children and should not be expected to deal with adult issues alone, which is what seems to be happening currently.
          Somebody has to be responsible for children, and if it has to be the police then so be it. I would prefer it to be the parents of the children in question but that obviously is not happening.
          Why not?

Comment

The children who are under 16 seeking information should be looked at as being semi-responsible.

It's the ones that don't seek information and help that are causing the boom in teenage mothers & fathers.

I do not condone young people having sex but it's pretty clear there is no real way of stopping this from happening.
            Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Typical government, do the opposite to what is needed, If anything they should be putting more money and effort into iniatives that give this advise/aid

While kids having sex is not ideal people have to realise that this setting the minium age was decided based on victorian puritanical values and had nothing to do with facts and biology. Before that we had girls getting married and having children from the moment they "became women".

Kids will have sex no matter what, society's obligations are to ensure that their is no long term effects from this, be that medical,mental or life changeing (baby) and to make sure that no "adult" is taking advantage of the minors inexperience or abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                One of the main reasons for all the problems in this country is unaccountability and people choosing not to take responsibility.
                Children are children and should not be expected to deal with adult issues alone, which is what seems to be happening currently.
                Somebody has to be responsible for children, and if it has to be the police then so be it. I would prefer it to be the parents of the children in question but that obviously is not happening.
                DG, I agree with you in spirit. I think we are all agreed that children shouldn't be having sex let alone babies. I fully agree that we should be working to prevent this, but I don't believe that treating them as criminals is the right answer; it will simply drive the children to keep it a secret and God knows what problems could result (using knitting needles whilst locked in the toilet?).
                What we really need is greater education along the more enlightened Scandinavian model.

Comment

Well as I said better the stasi than nobody

Originally posted by voron
                  DG, I agree with you in spirit. I think we are all agreed that children shouldn't be having sex let alone babies. I fully agree that we should be working to prevent this, but I don't believe that treating them as criminals is the right answer; it will simply drive the children to keep it a secret and God knows what problems could result (using knitting needles whilst locked in the toilet?).
                  What we really need is greater education along the more enlightened Scandinavian model.
                  But too many parents are not adult enough to treat their children as children. I hate those ******* parents who want to be their child's friend and allow the children to run their upbringing. FFS if you're not responsible enough to raise children you shouldn't have them.
                  Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                    But too many parents are not adult enough to treat their children as children. I hate those ******* parents who want to be their child's friend and allow the children to run their upbringing. FFS if you're not responsible enough to raise children you shouldn't have them.
                    Fully agree with you. There is a lack of responsibility in today's society. But is a police raid really the solution? After all, sex is normal and natural; it shouldn't be treated in the same way as little Billy and Jenny caught stealing or attacking an old granny.

Comment

Working...
                    X