• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the WORST gig you've seen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the WORST gig you've seen?

The Swans at the Academy in Manchester mid '90's.
    Dire
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

The Dandy Warhols, Brixton Academy. It was 2001 I think, or thereabouts.

Courtney Taylor-Taylor was absolutely stoned out of his box and could not sing.

Now, I wouldn't give a tulip if he had done that after the show, but I went to hear the tunes and left very unhappy.

Comment

Deep Purple a couple of years ago. I left after 2 songs because I still wanted to remember them how they used to be
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Steel Pulse. Reading Rock '83. Actually they were canned off. Maybe they shouldn't have said "if you don't stop throwing things we'll stop playing".

Somewhere out there theres a photo of me diving of caversham bridge. Oops. The things you do after 3 days boozing.

Comment

Carter the unstoppable sex machine at the Guildford Guildhall.

Matey tried to stage dive, but there weren't enough people in the room so he just hit the deck, hard.

I was only there to try and appear cool to my new girlfriend. The band were tulip.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Same as my first gig. The Human League. Apart from Phil Oakley who had a great voice, the rest performed like they'd just been dragged out of a very poor Karaoke bar. It's no wonder he had more success once he'd dumped the rest. I think the bands I've seen in the 90s and 00s are far more talented (live) than those from my teenage, when I think about it.

Although I just saw Spandau Ballet are on at the Heineken Music Hall later this year. I'll decide when sober if I'm that nostalgic...
            Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

1981 My first gig, i saw Tank opening for Def Leppard and they were awful.

Few weeks later I'm at Donnington and they opened there. I expected them to be bad, but they were even worse.

Up until the third track when I think it was the bassist got hit by a cabbage and they bid a valliant retreat!

Other than dodgy opeining acts, I've been pretty lucky I guess.
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                1981 My first gig, i saw Tank opening for Def Leppard and they were awful.

Few weeks later I'm at Donnington and they opened there. I expected them to be bad, but they were even worse.

Up until the third track when I think it was the bassist got hit by a cabbage and they bid a valliant retreat!

Other than dodgy opeining acts, I've been pretty lucky I guess.
                The Cure - saw them in 1980 and thought they were utter p1sh. Managed to avoid them until some all day thing in Finsbury Park in 93 - they were worse than I remembered, and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
                  The Cure - saw them in 1980 and thought they were utter p1sh. Managed to avoid them until some all day thing in Finsbury Park in 93 - they were worse than I remembered, and then some.
                  Oh I saw them at Glastonbury in the mid '80's - They were awesome, there was an amazing white lightening storm whilst they were playing
                  - well at least I saw lightening
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Steps.... I took my little cousin she was 12. She loved it. It was horrific.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

Working...
                    X