• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake Jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Jobs

How many fake jobs are out there?, which is the worst site for them?

You guys found many positions that you have applied for, only to be told that the job is "on hold" an hour after it has been posted?

Or, no response whatsoever from agents, no telephone numbers, fake e-mail addresses / telephone numbers or positions where the agent is forever telling you that they are awaiting a response/feedback from the client when the advertised position is an urgent/immediate requirement?

Originally posted by MeAndMyself View Post
    How many fake jobs are out there?, which is the worst site for them?

You guys found many positions that you have applied for, only to be told that the job is "on hold" an hour after it has been posted?

Or, no response whatsoever from agents, no telephone numbers, fake e-mail addresses / telephone numbers or positions where the agent is forever telling you that they are awaiting a response/feedback from the client when the advertised position is an urgent/immediate requirement?
    How about companies who interview people just to keep themselves busy?

I am sure that Barcrap have a whole department dedicated to inventing non existent jobs.

Whenever I have looked for work, there have always been dozens of Barcrap roles lodged with every agency in the city. Needless to say, I have never know anyone get a contract there.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

How about this one, £250 - £600 per day, is that Gap analysis?

http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/52/38003852.html

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        How about companies who interview people just to keep themselves busy?

I am sure that Barcrap have a whole department dedicated to inventing non existent jobs.

Whenever I have looked for work, there have always been dozens of Barcrap roles lodged with every agency in the city. Needless to say, I have never know anyone get a contract there.

Comment

Barcrap get the best people, then they get sacked hence it having the "revolving doors label" of employment site attached to it.

I aint knocking it, its just the way it is there.

As far as fake jobs is concerned there are loads of them in the current climate but they won't be advertised in writing in a public website they will be invented during an agency phone call, otherwise the agency can get fined.

Comment

I seem to have been coming across this crap ever since I started contracting ten years ago. There's probably a lot more of it around at the moment but I suspect that it will, as Jesus said of the poor, always be with us

Comment

The good thing about fake jobs is that you don't have to make up any fake skills, the job is always a perfect fit to everything you can do. The agent might as well say something like what can you do... erm.. I can photocopy 60 documents per hour with 90% accuracy, the agent : I have just the job for you - where have you been all my professional career, photocopying expert paying 400 squid per day, interested, so what references do you have then...

Comment

Originally posted by MeAndMyself View Post
                How many fake jobs are out there?

hth

tl

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  And that is only the ones at BarCap.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Just about any job advertised by pathway! Er, allegedly!
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X