• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

H1n1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1n1

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_7717118.htm

The new flu strain -- a mixture of swine, human and avian flu viruses has killed more than 60 people among around 1,000 suspected cases in Mexico and infected less than 10 in the United States.
    81 / 1000 cases resulted in death. Young healthy adults making up the numbers.

I thought it was interesting that the BBC only report it as swine flu, yet in China it is a cocktail of flu strains including the much feared H5N1.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

So this is the next big 'fear' thing.....

I was wondering when the news organisations were going to move onto the next big news story - Financial doom is soooooo..... last year!

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post

I was wondering when the news organisations were going to move onto the next big news story - Financial doom is soooooo..... last year!

T
      No, the next big fear thing is Pakistan.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...from_pakistan/

HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        No, the next big fear thing is Pakistan.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...from_pakistan/

HTH
        From the same site - Job Doc

Q. A co-worker came to work today with a tick buried under the skin of his hand, for which he had not sought medical assistance. Instead, he came to work and asked another coworker to use a pocket knife and help him cut it out. This took place in front of two other co-workers who appeared amused and offered advice in this surgical procedure. Collectively these four individuals finally decided that they were in over their heads and advised the infected co-worker to finally seek a doctor.

Tell me, am I delusional in thinking these people were out of line?
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The black death did wonders for the price that the survivors could sell their labour for during the middle ages.

There could be boom times ahead for the minority of people that survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post

T
            You're not inferring that we are being manipulated are you?? How can you even THINK such a thing?????
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Indeed.....

I did remark to Mrs T on Monday that there didn't seem to be 'any' news - Morning news on the BBC seemed more like 'The One Show' - than a news programme....

Can't be anything worse than an empty newspaper to a journo...!

I wonder how many newsrooms were scouring the internet for news, just ANY news....

Anyway....

Sun's out - I'm off to a massive breakfast / brunch in a Gastro pub and then a quick stroll round the Botanical gardens in Sheffield ..... Why worry, life's too short....or so they would let you believe!!

T

Comment

Working...
              X