• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extend My Contract Business Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extend My Contract Business Plan

I have to sit down now and write a business plan that can be used by my boss (an Indian) to convince his bosses (other Indians) that extending a UK contractor is more cost effective than employing x permies (also Indians).

Anyone else ever had to do this?

Anyone have any weasel words or phrases I might find useful.
    Last edited by OrangeHopper; 26 April 2009, 16:55.

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    Not sure it will be useful, but those are definately top weasel words:

"British workers for British jobs says Brown"

Now really helpful (hopefully) advice - in your business plan focus on quality of service - cr@p outsource will put off some customers for sure and cost of losing their custom may easily overweight any cost advantages of outsourcing.

Comment

Already been outsourced and I work for the outsourcer. My contract was moved from the client to the outsourcer.

One of the main arguments for keeping me is that I know the client and have been used on a regular basis to keep the client happy since the outsourcer took over. The client wants a partnership, with plenty of dialog, rather than a client/supplier relationship. My bosses are not very good on the dialog and can not argue with the client on a technical level, only at a contractual one. I understand the value of horse trading one technical requirement for another to smoothen the process.

Comment

Already been outsourced and I work for the outsourcer. My contract was moved from the client to the outsourcer.
        Tell them that if they replace you then they may save some money in short run but lose whole contract in a long run, especially so since you - the person with detailed knowledge - might be working for some other outsourcer who would not mind to get a new contract.

It will need to be phrased a bit more eloquently though.

Bear in mind who your bosses are though - they might take this risk a bit too seriously and you may find yourself strapped inside a car with cans of petrol...

Comment

I have to sit down now and write a business plan that can be used by my boss (an Indian) to convince his bosses (other Indians) that extending a UK contractor is more cost effective than employing x permies (also Indians).

Anyone else ever had to do this?

"Please do the needful and extendings my contractings as I am providings much cheapness and plenty quickness".

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            "Please do the needful and extendings my contractings as I am providings much cheapness and plenty quickness".
            LOL. Until recently I was working with a couple of other UK contractors and it was a joke between us to get the needful expressions into our emails. You were being extra daring if you added them to an email to our subcontinental team members.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              ..and revert back.

Rhubarb.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                ..and revert back.

Rhubarb.
                I'm sure you could work updation and upgradation in there somewhere
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                X