• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

outlaw blues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outlaw blues

Speeding motorists could be required to pay a £15 surcharge on top of fines as a contribution towards a fund for crime victims.

So you catch me speeding, and I get a fine. OK, fair dos, I shouldn't have done it.

But on top of that you will make me pay to a fund for victims of muggings and burglaries, on the grounds that I'm a criminal so I should atone for other criminals' crimes?

Every time I think that I won't be amazed by the govt any more ........

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Speeding motorists could be required to pay a £15 surcharge on top of fines as a contribution towards a fund for crime victims.

So you catch me speeding, and I get a fine. OK, fair dos, I shouldn't have done it.

But on top of that you will make me pay to a fund for victims of muggings and burglaries, on the grounds that I'm a criminal so I should atone for other criminals' crimes?

Every time I think that I won't be amazed by the govt any more ........
    The police can catch people speeding.

It wouldn't be worth trying to collect the money from other criminals would it?

Comment

It does suggest that speeding tickets are a revenue stream rather than a tool of justice. Or am I a bit behind here?

Comment

It would make more sense to apply this surchage to salaries of people responsible for such crimes not happening in the first place, starting from Home Office ministers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It would make more sense to apply this surchage to salaries of people responsible for such crimes not happening in the first place, starting from Home Office ministers.
          I like that. Every crime that is committed represents a failure on the part of the Government.

Comment

Working...
          X