• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does Kelkoo work...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Kelkoo work...

... and why is it so inconsistent?

I use it mainly for DVDs, and while it frequently turns up the same sites as cheapest (Play, Blah, etc) it often will for instance not display a certain DVD from Play even though Play have it in stock at a cheap price at the time.
    Do sites have to subscribe to Kelkoo or provide a Kelkoo-friendly feed, or is it scraping pages to automate the process?

I remember when kelkoo used to be wonderful but these days I often end up manually checking other sites in case they were missed. Is there a better site for UK e-purchasing?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

subscribe usually passed as xml to the kelkoo service.

not sure how the odd one is missed...but i've noticed it too.

Possibly some text error when importing it to kelkoo.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Do sites have to subscribe to Kelkoo or provide a Kelkoo-friendly feed, or is it scraping pages to automate the process?
      From their FAQ:

How do I get my products listed?
      • Product feed upload
        For free we will help you produce a file, in a specific format, that can be updated and uploaded each night.

• Kelkoo Spider
        For a fee we can scan your site and collect your offers, then list them on Kelkoo*.

*Kelkoo Spider - With this method Kelkoo cannot guarantee perfect listings for every product.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        ... and why is it so inconsistent?

I use it mainly for DVDs, and while it frequently turns up the same sites as cheapest (Play, Blah, etc) it often will for instance not display a certain DVD from Play even though Play have it in stock at a cheap price at the time.

I remember when kelkoo used to be wonderful but these days I often end up manually checking other sites in case they were missed. Is there a better site for UK e-purchasing?
        Not sure of the technicalities, but most of the comparison sites such as this moved from an impartial service to one where e-tailers pay to have their stuff listed.

Hence, why the results achieved should be taken with a pinch of salt.

For DVD's, I use Find DVD which is still impartial.

Comment

Working...
        X