• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance

Hi just been offered contract working in Nuclear Engineering, got the application form through the post for SC clearance. My credit record is fine. My girlfriend has had a few problems with her credit record over the last couple of years, nothing too serious no CCJ or anything she just has quite a few missed payments on a loan she took out - does anyone think this will be a problem?

Should be fine. Just be honest on the form. If you try and hide something and they catch u out then your trustworthyness is questionable in thier eyes and you will fail.

Comment

Doesn't matter how bad something is, if you 'fess up you'll get a much better treatment at the hands of the DV crews.

Comment

What they said.......

I got cleared a few months ago, dodgy credit (late payments etc), juvenile arrest, I confessed everything and cleared OK

Mate of mine has been nicked a few times and did porridge @15 years ago and he got cleared as well
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

so if you got cautioned say 10years ago. At the time my friend was told it will stay on her record for 5 years. So today she should not have to mention this caution as i'd assume its been wiped from her records by now.

and so would not have to state it on any clearance forms. Would this be the case?

Comment

Originally posted by tradegirl View Post
            so if you got cautioned say 10years ago. At the time my friend was told it will stay on her record for 5 years. So today she should not have to mention this caution as i'd assume its been wiped from her records by now.

and so would not have to state it on any clearance forms. Would this be the case?
            I would've thought that you don't need to specify this on the paperwork as the 5 year date has expired personally (as the info is no longer on your record)

Comment

Originally posted by harriesa View Post
              Hi just been offered contract working in Nuclear Engineering, got the application form through the post for SC clearance. My credit record is fine. My girlfriend has had a few problems with her credit record over the last couple of years, nothing too serious no CCJ or anything she just has quite a few missed payments on a loan she took out - does anyone think this will be a problem?
              No problem whatsoever. Just be honest.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Read the form, it's quite clear. Write down all official cautions.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Read the form, it's quite clear. Write down all official cautions.
                  but they are no longer on the records!

Comment

but they are no longer on the records!
                    Depending on the clearance it might still need to put it down. Met Police SC clearance for example is more strict than other clearance.

If it says list warnings , cautions etc and doesnt mention 'except expired' then you need to put all old ones also. I think cautions are still actually kept on police records - even if expired. Warnings are less severe but if you were investigated in the future it would still appear - would still be part of the history.

Comment

Working...
                    X