• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ghurka Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghurka Update

"As Gurkhas gathered outside the court, David Enright, one of their solicitors, said: "The government has delayed month upon sorry month, allowing your fathers to die while their sons served in Afghanistan and Iraq. The government has had to be shamed, kicking and screaming, back to court again and again to achieve something which any British man or woman would have given freely."

But all is not lost, if you are wanting to stay in the country there is a way to achieve this...all you have to do is

" Give active service for 20 years – but a rifleman is only permitted to serve for 15 years."

This was a statement from last month, now the decision to put the boot into ex-ghurkas is the icing on the cake

Doesn't it make you sick? Because to put it mildy it F*CKS ME RIGHT OFF
    I heard on the radio this morning that this decision was made because of the country becoming overcrowded!!!

OVER **** ME CROWDED??? FFS !

The numbers quoted is an additional 36,000, let them in and boot out 36,000 benefit cheats, illegal immigrants, etc.....

Rant over....well not really, but I might get banned if I carry on.

Oh! Hold on a minute, i've just seen another of the criteria for gaining admission, "they received a level 1-3 bravery award, including the Victoria Cross"

The VC? FFS a ghurka needs a VC for admission into the UK?
    Well thats ok then, let admit 26 ghurkas (most of which are dead)
    Last edited by stingman123; 27 April 2009, 10:16.
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

It is crazy given our open-door immigration policy.

I don't know all the ins-and-outs though and the solution may be less simple it appears, for instance I heard the chappie that is getting the flak over this say something about it setting a precedent that would allow other billions [forget the actual figure] to come here too.

Comment

The question of the Gurkhas being refused leave to remain is wholly inappropriate. I heard someone on LBC (London) on Friday saying that the only reason Gurkhas joined the British Army was because they couldn't get jobs in Nepal.

If Gurkhas are so sh!t then perhaps we might be better served asking why demo companies (...of soldiers) at Brecon and RMAS are composed of Gurkhas, not paras.

Comment

I think it's disgusting. Especially when you consider that other nationalities (e.g. South Africans) merely have to put in the minimum service as a pt before they're allowed indefinite leave to remain.

I wonder what ARSSE is making of this?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          It is crazy given our open-door immigration policy.

I don't know all the ins-and-outs though and the solution may be less simple it appears, for instance I heard the chappie that is getting the flak over this say something about it setting a precedent that would allow other billions [forget the actual figure] to come here too.

There needs to be a proper debate on this. I have no problem with the needy ones coming here but as you say, just to have an open door at a time of current immigration and economic problems is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            There needs to be a proper debate on this. I have no problem with the needy ones coming here but as you say, just to have an open door at a time of current immigration and economic problems is crazy.
            I will post a poll, Cybertwat or a Gurkha - which would you rather have?
            I would have you booted out, and a Ghurka allowed to take your place.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Jesus Christ - this is such a no brainer is beggers belief.

I've never heard one single point yet that has made me even slightly think any other way.

If someone fights for this country, they're more worthy to live here than I am!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I've never heard one single point yet that has made me even slightly think any other way.

I don't dispute that, but can we afford another potential five million immigrants(including relatives), when we include other worthy cases that will then also claim entry under the Human Rights Act due to discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  I don't dispute that, but can we afford another potential five million immigrants(including relatives), when we include other worthy cases that will then also claim entry under the Human Rights Act due to discrimination.
                  How does it work out at 5 million like?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

I'm in total agreement with you SA but here's a question: if someone wearing the uniform in a theatre but not a combatant (i.e., a chaplain or a nurse) does that still count as fighting?

Comment

Working...
                    X