• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wgaf?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wgaf?

I see all the bleeding-hearts are whining about the 'fairness' of Saddam's trial, don't want to ignore his human rights.
    Does anyone else think that people who wantonly and with malice aforethought disregard other people's right to live forfeit their own rights?
    Why not?

Got to do the job right though, wouldn't want him appealing ....

Should have lobbed a grenade into that hole they found him in and saved us the yawn of this trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      I see all the bleeding-hearts are whining about the 'fairness' of Saddam's trial, don't want to ignore his human rights.
      Does anyone else think that people who wantonly and with malice aforethought disregard other people's right to live forfeit their own rights?
      The question is, should we disregard human rights?

Isn't our regard for human rights the very tenet of our case against people like Saddam Hussein?

Comment

Do as you would be done by

Originally posted by wendigo100
        The question is, should we disregard human rights?

Isn't our regard for human rights the very tenet of our case against people like Saddam Hussein?
        If you want me to tolerate your religion, then practice a tolerant religion.
        If you don't want me (or society) to kill you, then don't kill anyone.
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
          If you want me to tolerate your religion, then practice a tolerant religion.
          If you don't want me (or society) to kill you, then don't kill anyone.
          Do I take that as a "yes" or a "no"?

Comment

You can take that as

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Do I take that as a "yes" or a "no"?
            We should disregard his human rights as he chose to disregard everyone else's. As a society though, not as an individual.
            Let's not get into the 'but if you disregard his human rights then others should disregard yours' etc....
            Why not?

Comment

Working...
            X