• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate cuts at HP?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate cuts at HP?????

Is anyone aware of rate cuts on contractor rates at HP? Permies have been "requested" to take a cut along with EDS permies. The EDS contractors have also been given a 10% cut. Being that EDS is now "An HP company", should the HP contractors be expecting similar treatment?? I expect so but if anyone here has more details?????..............
    Last edited by Mailman_1; 27 April 2009, 10:49. Reason: typo

Which location of HP are you at?

Comment

Bra

Comment

Rate Cuts

Rate cuts are all the rage now, for permy and contractor alike.

I think some are a genuine indication of reduced revenue forecasts but some are just opportunism by directors as they know the risk of key staff leaving is low, as there are jobs around but the salaries are not mindblowing.

I got wacked 10%. If it comes your way take it on the chin, not much else you can do now
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
          Rate cuts are all the rage now, for permy and contractor alike.

I think some are a genuine indication of reduced revenue forecasts but some are just opportunism by directors as they know the risk of key staff leaving is low, as there are jobs around but the salaries are not mindblowing.

I got wacked 10%. If it comes your way take it on the chin, not much else you can do now
          Are you an HP based contractor?

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

Their rates are pretty low as it is, I was contracting for HP only for HP to sub out the particular contract they had with GE so I ended up contracting for Hemmersbach on the same rate, when it got a little quiet rather than suggesting I had a few weeks holiday or a rate cut they just got rid of me leaving 1 perm to support 500+ users.

She's pulling her hair out because she’s so busy now, she can't cover the contracted business hours and her boss told her to be more flexible with her lunch break. She's contacted HR about it but they don't seem bothered, I wish she'd go on the sick so they really would see the error of their ways.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Hp

No I am not at HP
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

It's official. -10% for all contractors on HP projects. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
                  It's official. -10% for all contractors on HP projects. :-(
                  They've just jumped on the bandwagon, I was working on a HP contract that was subcontracted to a German company. The end client paid in dollars who paid the Germans in euro who paid me in sterling... then they got rid of me, I was feckin' cheap looking at today’s exchange rates.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

[QUOTE=gingerjedi;835023]They've just jumped on the bandwagon[QUOTE]

It was expected. HP arent going to miss out on a free 10% reduction to thier contractor bill. Director bonuses and pensions need to be topped up.

Comment

Working...
                    X