• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine Flu - Pandemic or Pants?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swine Flu - Pandemic or Pants?

The poll I mentioned in the other thread.
    Yes, really concerned about this one
    27.45%
    No, just get a grip will you.
    58.82%
    AndyWs mum is the source of the outbreak
    13.73%

The poll is expired.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Looks like an impending pandemic to me. Glad I don't have to go into an office at the moment and risk infection. The foreign office have also just stated that all non-essential travel to affected areas should be avoided.

Comment

yup...jut like "bird flu" did.

Funny how these things always seem to happen when the pharma stocks have taken a battering isn't it?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Birdflu only killed 250 people worldwide in 10 years. This has killed at least half of that amount in a week or so.

Comment

Of course it is sad for the people affected, but I do not believe this will be a pandemic.

It is a good opportunity for the government to declare a state of emergency and introduce restrictions and control of peoples movements.
          So please prepare to alert your "movement officer" before going to work in the next village.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Would the world be a better place if 90% or so of us died off? Is pig flu the great hope?

Should the medical industry should do more to alleviate suffering in those affected (mostly Mexicans as it seems as the bug doesn't travel well), rather than a cure?

Comment

The local PCT I work for are dry running their pandemic plan this week to see if it's viable, So are a few others in the area.
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Would the world be a better place if 90% or so of us died off? Is pig flu the great hope?

Should the medical industry should do more to alleviate suffering in those affected (mostly Mexicans as it seems as the bug doesn't travel well), rather than a cure?
                Hopefully it'll travel North....
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I really don't care. It will maybe reduce the competition for contracts in the short term
                  Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
                  I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Suspected infections in Mexico are now 1,614 !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8019907.stm

Comment

Working...
                    X