• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bannatyne Gyms.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bannatyne Gyms.

Good old Duncan from dragons den....

Has anyone used one of his gyms before?

I'm thinking of joining one up near me (I'm heading for a tour tonight).
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Good old Duncan from dragons den....

Has anyone used one of his gyms before?

I'm thinking of joining one up near me (I'm heading for a tour tonight).
    Nah, I'm out /predictable response
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

I've only ever been to the Bannatyne's in Coulby Newham in the 'boro, and when it opened it was very nice, for some reason they decided to chop a 1/3 of the gym off and install in a swimming pool, now its vastly overcrowded, with an empty pool.

I cancelled my membership a few months back as there were always too many people there, to the extent that yo had to wait to use any apparatus!
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        I've only ever been to the Bannatyne's in Coulby Newham in the 'boro, and when it opened it was very nice, for some reason they decided to chop a 1/3 of the gym off and install in a swimming pool, now its vastly overcrowded, with an empty pool.

I cancelled my membership a few months back as there were always too many people there, to the extent that yo had to wait to use any apparatus!
        It's greed pure and simples. I used to be a member of David Lloyd and whilst the facilities were plentifull, regularly available and spotless - £75 a month was too much for me to justify dragging my fat arse up there once a week

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
          It's greed pure and simples. I used to be a member of David Lloyd and whilst the facilities were plentifull, regularly available and spotless - £75 a month was too much for me to justify dragging my fat arse up there once a week
          Yeah, it's crazy. Cycling there and back should be enough exercise, without the subscription, if you don't end up as road kill. Most people drive there and then use the cycles/running machines and there are even some builders that use the free weights

Comment

£75 a month was too much for me
            That's a lot that like.

The Bannatyne in Durham is £45 per month - which I think it very reasonable.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

That's a lot that like.

The Bannatyne in Durham is £45 per month - which I think it very reasonable.
              It is a lot, its been climbing for years though (i think they're jumping again soon too).

That's not bad if you'll actually use it. i.e do you have the time

HTH

Comment

It is a lot, its been climbing for years though (i think they're jumping again soon too).

That's not bad if you'll actually use it. i.e do you have the time
                Well that's the reason I'm joining - I have 2 hours per day to fill.

I finish work at 3:30 in Durham, and have to hang around to pick my hubby up at 6!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Well that's the reason I'm joining - I have 2 hours per day to fill.

I finish work at 3:30 in Durham, and have to hang around to pick my hubby up at 6!
                  Lucky You!

Go for it then (if it's possible, avoid a 12 month contract though - ask if you can sign up for 3 months initially and pay it up front) that way you get a feel for the place and if you like it or not

HTH

Comment

Lucky You!

Go for it then (if it's possible, avoid a 12 month contract though - ask if you can sign up for 3 months initially and pay it up front) that way you get a feel for the place and if you like it or not
                    Unfortunately they only do 6 month contracts. So the place will have to be really nice for me to join up tonight.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X