• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virus

When I was at school, I was taught that a virus is either the simplest life form on the planet, or the most complex molecule on the planet, and biologists coulnt agree on which it was.
    Do we have any biologists in the congregation who can share the latest thinking ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    When I was at school, I was taught that a virus is either the simplest life form on the planet, or the most complex molecule on the planet, and biologists coulnt agree on which it was.
    Do we have any biologists in the congregation who can share the latest thinking ?

Bill Bryson describes a virus as "aren't themselves alive" on page 385 in A short history of nearly everything.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      Bill Bryson describes a virus as "aren't themselves alive" on page 385 in A short history of nearly everything.
      I think this is because they have no metabolism - they use that of their host. A lifeform is described as requiring a metabolism.

Comment

Working...
      X