• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cradle of Filth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cradle of Filth

Nice band. Like their T-shirts
    Chico, what time is it?

Good band, indeed, although a little too late for my goth period. Back then it was all Deicide, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Obituary and the legendary Cannibal Corpse

And who can forget Candlemass, My Dying Bride and Dark Throne

Comment

Originally posted by voron
      Good band, indeed, although a little too late for my goth period. Back then it was all Deicide, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Obituary and the legendary Cannibal Corpse

And who can forget Candlemass, My Dying Bride and Dark Throne
      Doesn't sound much like Goth music. Mind you the definition of Goth seems to have changed from the Cure, cocteau twins, dead can dance, and that band with the song that never ends "In the temple of Love...."

From what you describe, machine head and Tool would be more up your steet
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

That isn't goth it was death metal or speed metal in my day and it was always sh1te. I remember watching a documentary about metal music in the 80's where them spoke to Napalm Death. There were 3 fat kids sitting in a small bedroom in a semi detached house somewhere in suburbia.......rock and roll!

Also, why is it that people who liked thrash tended to be fat - more weight in the mosh pit probably!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yes, you are both right; it's not goth in the truest sense. However, there was (God knows what it's like now) a very strong link with the goth scene. I wouldn't describe The Cure as goth; too mainstream. In my day it was groups like Creaming Jesus.

Don't forget there is a difference between Death, Thrash, Black and Doom metal. Death and thrash metal were considered too mainstream and commercial. The purist listened to black metal.

Btw, I am not fat!

Comment

Must admit I am confused by it now. In my day we knew what a Goth was, now alsorts of rock music is supposedly goth!?

I think it eminates from this goth vs chav thing.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

[QUOTE=voron]
              Don't forget there is a difference between Death, Thrash, Black and Doom metal. Death and thrash metal were considered too mainstream and commercial. The purist listened to black metal.

QUOTE]

Jesus! In my day it was all under the banner of Progressive Rock

Comment

The Cure........Killing an Arab......urm....good tunes.....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

The easiest way to spot a goth used to be that they looked like a panda.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    The easiest way to spot a goth used to be that they looked like a panda.

Always chewing Bamboo while lying on your back and scratching your ass?

Comment

Working...
                    X