• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you know when you have had enough ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know when you have had enough ?

When the ale is flowing, do you ever put your hand up and say ' no thanks, I have had enough' or do you keep on knocking them back like there is no tomorrow ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Ale is flowing?

Oh yes : I remember that from before the time I had kids......

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      there is no tomorrow ?
      Given this schweine flue there might not be tomorrow!

Comment

When the ale is flowing, do you ever put your hand up and say ' no thanks, I have had enough' or do you keep on knocking them back like there is no tomorrow ?

This is one of my biggest obstacles in live, and I have never really overcome it. One pint is enough for me to keep going. Even the most disciplined people I have met seem to have a similar issue although usually with a higher threshold than me.

Comment

I tend to find that when I can't put my hand up is when I stop!!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

My 'safe' limit is three these days.

Yesterday afternoon I went mad and had five and today I am sorry.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

4-5 pints does for me nowadays after which I just start slowing down very rapidly.
              Wine & spirits however I can just keep going. I usually can tell when I've had too much when (i) I've missed my station and have to fork out another £20 on a cab home (ii) I've vomited all over my trousers and shoes.

Comment

U'm Scottish -
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not drunk is he who from the floor
                  Can rise alone and still drink more
                  Drunk is he who prostrate lies
                  Without the power to drink or rise
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I seem to have an off switch whatever I drink, usually just don't feel like drinking any more after 3-4 pints or a bottle of wine.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X