• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aptitude Tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aptitude Tests

Anyone done an IKM test, or another?, is this going to be the start of the norm for a contract?
    Last edited by MeAndMyself; 27 April 2009, 22:52.

Plenty of good books on this. If it's an exam, I can pass it. Bring it on!
    Cats are evil.

Comment

What would you consider to be a good result, 70-85%, 85% and above, how easy/difficult do you find the tests sent to you by agents?

Comment

Originally posted by MeAndMyself View Post
        is this going to be the start of the norm for a contract?
        "Sorry you have me confused with someone applying to work for a permanent position with your company"

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
          "Sorry you have me confused with someone applying to work for a permanent position with your company"
          Not the case so much now, I've taken three thus far for contracts and one of them was for a 4 week contract only.

Comment

Must be your area, only seen a test of any kind 3 times in about 12 years and a Aptitude test never

Technical tests are annoying but can be justified in certain circumstances, especially for entry level/new tech positions.

But an Aptitude test is just taking the Mickey and honestly if someone asked me to take one for a role would just laugh in their face and quite simply say what I said above and reason is quite simple, an aptitude test is to discover if someone has the ability to learn the skills to do a job, contractors don't get hired to learn, they get hired to do

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
              Must be your area, only seen a test of any kind 3 times in about 12 years and a Aptitude test never

Technical tests are annoying but can be justified in certain circumstances, especially for entry level/new tech positions.

But an Aptitude test is just taking the Mickey and honestly if someone asked me to take one for a role would just laugh in their face and quite simply say what I said above and reason is quite simple, an aptitude test is to discover if someone has the ability to learn the skills to do a job, contractors don't get hired to learn, they get hired to do
              My bad, I may of meant a technical test, not aptitude.

Comment

I've done a few ProveIT tests on .NET, C# and SQL Server for contract roles in the past and have always scored 85%+ so they seem to be fairly easy.

The IKM tests look more difficult because question complexity increases as you get answers correct during the test..a bit like a test to destruction to find weak areas of knowledge. I've just completed an IKM C# programming test today for a perm role.
                Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by MeAndMyself View Post
                  My bad, I may of meant a technical test, not aptitude.
                  Are you American by any chance?
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
                    I've done a few ProveIT tests on .NET, C# and SQL Server for contract roles in the past and have always scored 85%+ so they seem to be fairly easy.

The IKM tests look more difficult because question complexity increases as you get answers correct during the test..a bit like a test to destruction to find weak areas of knowledge. I've just completed an IKM C# programming test today for a perm role.
                    I've got a few of these in my inbox waiting to be done. Problem is I can't be arsed!

Comment

Working...
                    X