• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twickers Saturday - Navy v Army

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twickers Saturday - Navy v Army

Any of you chaps going?

Girly and myself are going with a full complement of passes for the various beer tents!

About time you two had some kids and put an end to this having fun malarky......

Comment

I'm going with eldest lad, who is in the RN, and his mate who is Army. But I'll also have my three younger kids with me, so beer tent action may be out for the day. Not been before, so feel free to give out any hints and tips. e.g. Is it worth making the effort to get there for the earlier game at midday?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
        I'm going with eldest lad, who is in the RN, and his mate who is Army. But I'll also have my three younger kids with me, so beer tent action may be out for the day. Not been before, so feel free to give out any hints and tips. e.g. Is it worth making the effort to get there for the earlier game at midday?
        First time we've been. My brother and his wife and son are coming along.

He's an ex-para and we're in the Royal Navy sand!

We're also staying in Richmond for the evening to "sober up", yeah right!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          About time you two had some kids and put an end to this having fun malarky......
          Jealousy is a terrible affliction - but you're right!

Mind you, practicing is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Any of you chaps going?

Girly and myself are going with a full complement of passes for the various beer tents!
            Indeed we are! Mrs RH, myself and 3 other mates. SW corner, lower tier, a few rows back.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Indeed we are! Mrs RH, myself and 3 other mates. SW corner, lower tier, a few rows back.

Yeah!! We can have a "pre summer do" beer
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Marvellous. And as it's my neck'o'the'woods I can suggest an establishment or two. Or we can recce the Pitcher & Piano ahead of the do!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Asbo-bloody-lutely - We're in East Block Lower Tier, a few rows back.

Comment

Marvellous. And as it's my neck'o'the'woods I can suggest an establishment or two. Or we can recce the Pitcher & Piano ahead of the do!
                    Right, what's the best way to get to twickers from Richmond?

Comment

Working...
                    X