• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anti Virals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Virals

I've got the opportunity to buy Tamiflu and Relenza anti-viral drugs. They are quite expensive.

Do I shell out £1000 to cover my whole family just in case or take a chance that the NHS will save us?

Discuss.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've got the opportunity to buy Tamiflu and Relenza anti-viral drugs. They are quite expensive.

Do I shell out £1000 to cover my whole family just in case or take a chance that the NHS will save us?

Discuss.
    There are stockpiles for 50% of the population, a large slice of that will be pre-allocated for front line services and the vulnerable. I wouldnt rely on anyone

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Discuss.
      Can I get in on this round? Also can I get a bag of scratchings and a whiskey chaser?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Discuss.
        Buy it. Use it on your family. Refill the containers with tap water. Sell the refills on ebay for a profit.

BOOMED!!!
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I was paranoid enough to but Tamiflu in the early days of the avian flu media hype. The packets say expiry date of 2006. Will they still work? Cost me about £70 I think...
          my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Discuss.
            It depends. How many of them are 'fee earners'? For those that aren't I'd just put them to bed with a lemsip and a good book.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I heard last night they have a short shelf life.

They recommend no point in buying it, as if you have the symptoms you should pop round to the Dr anyway and he'll prescribe it.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just read this which might be useful :

The problem with the swine fever scare- as with the avian influenza scare of 2005 - is that people panic and believe there will not be sufficient officially stockpiled anti-viral drugs to go round in the event of a pandemic in Britain.

Therefore they circumvent the legal requirement to get a doctor's prescription for Tamiflu by importing, at grossly inflated prices, the anti-viral drug from overseas pharmacies who offer their wares on-line. Instead of genuine Tamiflu, they could be buying a potentially dangerous adulterated drug, or a useless mixture of talcum powder and water.

Furthermore, Tamiflu has a use-by date, so those who pay hundreds of pounds for a stockpile for their family could be buying a batch that could be out of date in a year's time, and therefore of no use in a future pandemic.

The Government needs to take immediate action on this irrational and wasteful importation.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  Just read this which might be useful :

The problem with the swine fever scare- as with the avian influenza scare of 2005 - is that people panic and believe there will not be sufficient officially stockpiled anti-viral drugs to go round in the event of a pandemic in Britain.

Therefore they circumvent the legal requirement to get a doctor's prescription for Tamiflu by importing, at grossly inflated prices, the anti-viral drug from overseas pharmacies who offer their wares on-line. Instead of genuine Tamiflu, they could be buying a potentially dangerous adulterated drug, or a useless mixture of talcum powder and water.

Furthermore, Tamiflu has a use-by date, so those who pay hundreds of pounds for a stockpile for their family could be buying a batch that could be out of date in a year's time, and therefore of no use in a future pandemic.

The Government needs to take immediate action on this irrational and wasteful importation.

Actually you are wrong. It is a UK company that offers an online meeting with a UK doctor that then writes out a prescription.

So you can then buy it from any UK pharmacy.

Comment

What shape and colour are Tamiflu tablets? Is Tesco the best place to buy food colouring, talcum power and flour? I also need a mould and franking machine with 'best before 2050' written on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X