• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bench roundup - slow day for me today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bench roundup - slow day for me today

What's everyone upto?

Had the usual non-job job calls this morning and been trying to write another two versions of my cv highlighting different skills areas etc to start distributing (but failing miserably with writers block).

today, I finally let the guilt of doing absolutely nothing all of last week get the better of me and I had a productive day at work..

Now I feel dirty and I've now just completed the work what I'd scheduled to last for 2 more weeks ..

I blame Thatcher
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      today, I finally let the guilt of doing absolutely nothing all of last week get the better of me and I had a productive day at work..

Now I feel dirty and I've now just completed the work what I'd scheduled to last for 2 more weeks ..

I blame Thatcher
      thank
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        What's everyone upto?

Had the usual non-job job calls this morning and been trying to write another two versions of my cv highlighting different skills areas etc to start distributing (but failing miserably with writers block).
        d000hg Ltd can offer you a CV writing/review service for only £400.

Of course, I can't guarantee I will be the one to do it personally, I have a company to run. But one of my Romanian, Indian or Russian freelancers will be plenty good enough to do the reading on your resume and respond to you re the same.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yesterday - I was a mild mannered job applicant.
          Today - I am two seperate Gorrilas.

Comment

Yesterday I almost cried at my desk as the tedium set in and again I had another day of noone talking to each other in the office, not even about work.

Today, I reminded myself that this 3 month gig is paying for my house extention and got on with some work as I took the 06:30 out of Bournemouth... I'm far too tired now though.

Comment

Originally posted by kookachoo View Post
              Yesterday I almost cried at my desk as the tedium set in and again I had another day of noone talking to each other in the office, not even about work.

Today, I reminded myself that this 3 month gig is paying for my house extention and got on with some work as I took the 06:30 out of Bournemouth... I'm far too tired now though.
              Repeat this mantra; Friday is invoice day.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Repeat this mantra; Friday is invoice day.
                Nah, Thursday here as not only is it the last day of the month but Friday is a public holiday (excuse to get drunk day) in Germany
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X