• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lift etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift etiquette

How do you decide who leaves the lift first? Nearest the door? Ladies first?

Today someone in a lift said "after you" to me when the door opened, and I stepped out, only to find it wasn't my floor.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Today someone in a lift said "after you" to me when the door opened, and I stepped out, only to find it wasn't my floor.
    In big high-rises I sometimes say 'after you', to see the reaction, for a laugh.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'll have to try that one!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I got in a lift in a big high rise and the first button was for the 37th floor which kind of got me stuffed as I only wanted to go to the 4th, and then the doors shut

Personally I like farting when exiting the lift just as other people are getting in
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You were lucky you got out, because his next joke was to fart loudly with big smell and and pretend it wasn't him

Comment

Ever tried the jumping up and down trick when the lift is rapidly descending ?

Don't.

You'll get a shocking headache for your curiosity.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
            X