• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the Absence of Wilmslow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Absence of Wilmslow

WTF is it with lazy/stupid people? Current clientco is like the software house where I worked as a permie back in the day. Site has a huge free car park but on some days it's filled to capacity. However, at both places I have often seen people abandoning their cars in places that aren't proper spaces (and are supposed to get them towed or clamped) at a time when there are still hundreds of spaces available. I am stunned that people can be so lazy. It's no wonder so many Southerners are always whining about getting clamped if this is the best they can manage.

That's a rather fibble event at being Wilmslow - it requires some talent you know to be him, plus you can't be Wilmslow unless you allow someone to piss on your shoes!

Comment

<<<canned laughter>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        WTF is it with lazy/stupid people? Current clientco is like the software house where I worked as a permie back in the day. Site has a huge free car park but on some days it's filled to capacity. However, at both places I have often seen people abandoning their cars in places that aren't proper spaces (and are supposed to get them towed or clamped) at a time when there are still hundreds of spaces available. I am stunned that people can be so lazy. It's no wonder so many Southerners are always whining about getting clamped if this is the best they can manage.
        Where I live there is a gym on a large retail park. Outside it are a few disabled spots. I've seen people dump their car in these spots and then go into the gym. Why not park a little further away in the normal spots and not spend quite so much time in the gym.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That's a rather fibble event at being Wilmslow - it requires some talent you know to be him, plus you can't be Wilmslow unless you allow someone to piss on your shoes!
          I know - I wasn't trying to emulate the master, just fill in the time until he graces us all with another of his facsinating missives.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I know - I wasn't trying to emulate the master, just fill in the time until he graces us all with another of his facsinating missives.
            At least Wilmslow knows when the clear off. Unlike another universally hated person.........

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              At least Wilmslow knows when the clear off. Unlike another universally hated person.........

Don't you ever go away Brillo - just because everyone hates you does not mean...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Where I live there is a gym on a large retail park. Outside it are a few disabled spots. I've seen people dump their car in these spots and then go into the gym. Why not park a little further away in the normal spots and not spend quite so much time in the gym.
                There is a competetion to park as close to the entrance as possible. Some people will drive all around the car park looking for the nearest space before they park further afield. And then do a 10 K run on a running machine.

Lots of crazy things happen at the gym. I've already discussed people driving there to use the bike and running machines, and builders using the free-weights. Continuing on the theme of free weights, people often use them to do lots of strenuous exercises until they have gone blue in the face, but afterwards they cannot be arsed to put the weights back in their proper place. The lazy hard working gits.

Comment

Working...
                X