• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lift joke for you to try

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift joke for you to try

Next time in a lift say to someone "after you" when the door opens : even if not their floor.

I did today and they fell for it

nice one
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Those old lift jokes are the best. Can't beat them for entertainment. Farting loudly is also good for a laugh in the lift. You see, you can try pretending it was not you - even though you are the only one in the lift. Works better if there is another person in there to share the joke. And with 3 or more persons the cat is really amongst the pigeons as everyone is acting innocent - including the guilty one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Next time in a lift say to someone "after you" when the door opens : even if not their floor.

I did today and they fell for it
        Even better if you can get them to go in the non-stopping lift to floor 60 when they only meant to go to the 1st floor
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Even better if you can get them to go in the non-stopping lift to floor 60 when they only meant to go to the 1st floor
          When at UBS I saw lift doors were closing so barged in. 2 people already inside : they were going to 7(top floor) and I pressed 2. Other people came in pressing 4, 5, 6. They said "oh well at least we dont stop at 1 or 3".

Someone got in at 1 going to 3. Made my day.....

Comment

Another good one...

When in a lift made by the company Schindler..point this out to everyone.

'Look - it's Schindler's Lift'

Absolutely kills them it does!
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              Another good one...

I do that....

I feel so ashamed!
              B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                Another good one...

AOL
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                X