• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Male perspective required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male perspective required

I went up to London last night for a drink with someone I have very ancient history with. We had a nice time a got a bit squiffy and despite being in the West End and surrounded by bars, he twice suggested we went back to his hotel and have a drink there.

What does the panel think? was he trying to sound me out for a bit of horizontal shenanigans??
    I'm a bit crap at reading these signs!

And for the record, I wouldn't
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I went up to London last night for a drink with someone I have very ancient history with. We had a nice time a got a bit squiffy and despite being in the West End and surrounded by bars, he twice suggested we went back to his hotel and have a drink there.

What does the panel think? was he trying to sound me out for a bit of horizontal shenanigans??

I'll tell you if you go "have a drink" in my hotel room
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Maybe he just wanted to continue drinking in his hotel bar so that he hasn't got far to crawl to bed, regardless of you and your long journey home at 2am.

Thats what my friends would do anyway

Comment

Yes
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Definitely.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Perhaps he wanted you and the bed close together incase the beer goggles didn't last very long.

Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Guilty as charged. He was wanting to make little pogle squeal.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Do you know the difference between "Sexual Intercourse" and "Social Intercourse"........ Shall we pop upto my room for a chat?

Of course he was trying for a shag..... and if you had gone "up for a drink" he would have been peeved if you didn't at the very least provide tonsil tennis and a pot noodle.......

Comment

It sounds like he's just being a typical bloke - he's got a far better chance of getting you drunk and to his room if you're in the hotel with him, and he knows this.
                  But worst case scenario, he's only got a 2 minute journey to bed by himself.

He probably figured it was a win win situation!

It doesn't mean he wuvs you though
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

YES

HTH
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X