• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine Flu: USA reports first death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swine Flu: USA reports first death

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A government official confirmed the first U.S. death from the new H1N1 swine flu on Wednesday, a 23-month-old child who died in Texas.

It is the first death from swine flu reported outside Mexico, the country hardest hit by the influenza outbreak. The official gave no other details on the case. U.S. officials have confirmed 65 cases of swine flu, most of them mild.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...38123420090429

23 month old

Comment

Oooops... just spotted this after I started another thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Oooops... just spotted this after I started another thread
        Call him a hypocrite, it'll be fine!

Comment

7 days
          Bored.

Comment

I've just seen a couple of people walking down the High Street, wearing face masks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
              I've just seen a couple of people walking down the High Street, wearing face masks!
              You might be made of wood, but if I were you I'd wear one too...

Comment

When will we hear the first reports of death by face mask?

Comment

Haven't really done any research yet, but isn't swine flu about as dangerous as normal flu? I.E. a worry for the young, old, and those with impaired immune systems, but really not that big a deal for your average fit and healthy type?

Of to Google I go.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A government official confirmed the first U.S. death from the new H1N1 swine flu on Wednesday, a 23-month-old child who died in Texas.

It is the first death from swine flu reported outside Mexico, the country hardest hit by the influenza outbreak. The official gave no other details on the case. U.S. officials have confirmed 65 cases of swine flu, most of them mild.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...38123420090429
                    This is an absolute tragedy

It should also be noted (although this comes under the heading of statements-of-the-bleeding-obvious) that disease does not recognise natural or national boundaries or borders, and that Texas is on the border with Mexico.

Perhaps there's something in this strain of H1N1 that it's particularly susceptible to hot weather?

Comment

Working...
                    X