• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Prof advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Prof advice

I am curious as a contractor is there any organisation that exists where a CV can be tailored to the specific position you perform, eg contractor not permanent. I have quite a few contracts on my CV with technical descriptions and they are taking up a lot of room, CV is now going onto 5 pages.

do you want us to wipe your arse as well ?
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

Is there a company that will supply paper specific to the roll of Wiping a contractors Not Permy's arse?

Comment

I've got 3 Cv's each tailored to a particular position, where previous Jobs are not applicable to the one I am applying for then I gloss over the postion or it is just not there.

The key information is on the front page (skill a - x years, skill b - 1Gb years ....). Skills that are not relevant to the position do not appear.

HTH

MG
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

CVs are a constant source of threads here. I have a variety from 2 page for contracting all the way up to a 12 page monster that is attached to grant applications for my university work.

So its horses for courses.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
            Is there a company that will supply paper specific to the roll of Wiping a contractors Not Permy's arse?
            yes us contractors get that grease proof paper as we are used to the harsh conditions of life, permis get soft paper as there are used to asre licking just to keep their jobs.

N5Gooner in I'm on a Chching trip again this week and don't give a flying monkies mode.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

You would not want to see my arse never mind wipe it!

Comment

yes us contractors get that grease proof paper as we are used to the harsh conditions of life, permis get soft paper as there are used to asre licking just to keep their jobs.

N5Gooner in I'm on a Chching trip again this week and don't give a flying monkies mode.

Don't forget to pack the tissues then!

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker
                  You would not want to see my arse never mind wipe it!
                  depends what the rate is like, and if I could sub contract it out to India.
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

depends what the rate is like, and if I could sub contract it out to India.

What the wiping or the looking?

Comment

Working...
                    X