• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

its teachers at schools and colleges are crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6188480.ece

this idiot is in love with teachers for some reason

have spent days in busy hospitals and days in busy schools; teachers are the ones run off their feet. I was shocked recently to discover that a fine teacher who had just survived a grinding day of disruptive teenagers, a barrage of rudeness, even some mild violence, was paid just £27,000.

Doctors are highly paid and comparatively underworked; much of the NHS is a haven of calm compared with the average British secondary school. Doctors face nothing like the daily barrage of demands that a teacher faces.

Consultants work nowhere near as hard as teachers. NHS pay rocketed under Labour just as EU rules on working hours also kicked in, meaning that doctors are now working fewer hours, and fewer antisocial hours at night-times and weekends, than they used to. In one A&E department I recently spent the day in, they sat around much of the time with little to do (not today, I am sure, with a nation gripped by swine flu panic).

Teachers are as far as i have been able to tell are a lazy bunch of useless £$%%

spend a bit of money on teaching kids how to learn by themselves, throw in a few CBTs and close schools and colleges (universities however should get more funding, but those who are colleges in disguise should be closed)

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    Teachers are as far as i have been able to tell are a lazy bunch of useless £$%%
    Then you are sadly mis-informed. I know quite a few teachers, and the ones I know work bloody hard and are very conscientious

Comment

yeah they tell you that, and like a fool you believe them

they are on the whole a waste of money

looking for cutbacks, thats where to bring down the chopper

Comment

Based on the thread title you obviously paid no attention at school, I've no idea what the title is supposed to mean.

Comment

I read it as "Information Technology Services" teachers at schools and colleges are crap.

Which makes sense gramtically.

Absolutely nothing to do with the content though....
          Still Invoicing

Comment

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6188480.ece

this idiot is in love with teachers for some reason

have spent days in busy hospitals and days in busy schools; teachers are the ones run off their feet. I was shocked recently to discover that a fine teacher who had just survived a grinding day of disruptive teenagers, a barrage of rudeness, even some mild violence, was paid just £27,000.

Doctors are highly paid and comparatively underworked; much of the NHS is a haven of calm compared with the average British secondary school. Doctors face nothing like the daily barrage of demands that a teacher faces.

Consultants work nowhere near as hard as teachers. NHS pay rocketed under Labour just as EU rules on working hours also kicked in, meaning that doctors are now working fewer hours, and fewer antisocial hours at night-times and weekends, than they used to. In one A&E department I recently spent the day in, they sat around much of the time with little to do (not today, I am sure, with a nation gripped by swine flu panic).

spend a bit of money on teaching kids how to learn by themselves, throw in a few CBTs and close schools and colleges (universities however should get more funding, but those who are colleges in disguise should be closed)

Teachers get about 20 weeks holiday a year, and a nice gold-plated pension. That's a lot better than many people earn in the private sector where many now will not have a pension and only get 4 weeks holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Teachers get about 20 weeks holiday a year, and a nice gold-plated pension. That's a lot better than many people earn in the private sector where many now will not have a pension and only get 4 weeks holiday.
              It would be good if you had 52 weeks of holidays per year...

Comment

Very poor trolling.........

Comment

yeah they tell you that, and like a fool you believe them

they are on the whole a waste of money

looking for cutbacks, thats where to bring down the chopper
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cyberman

The two of you have absolutely no idea what teachers have to do and the amount of work required to keep kids interested and motivated in school (especially secondary schools).

I would suggest that you do a bit more research before posting such rubbish ...

Oh sorry its CUK - the home of informed idiots.
                  Beer
                  is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[
                    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    What a pair of bigotted ***** you two are. Or is one the cock, and one the **** ? At least that way you could be useful to one another?

Fact: Average weekly hours for a teacher is over 50. The only reason they don't fall foul of the European Working Time directive is the 13 weeks of holiday they get.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X